great having a crowd again | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

great having a crowd again

i get they dont want to pay attention.. but this was from 30 secs in until the end.. and i dont care if the dont want to watch the game.. but screwing the game up 20 times to do stupid things and making other fans move around just to watch is not worth having them there.

i mean the 3rd or 4th time you get beer dumped on you by people it kind sucks.

so i guess society is about not being polite just because they dont have to.

not paying attention and being rude are completely different actions.

i have a hard enough time getting the wife to attend without having to move her around 10 seats away multiple times so she could even see the game

how about people just sitting in their own section on occasion , by games end i bet 20 different people sat in the 3-4 seats in front of me.
Sit in the bleachers for a Cubs game. As an out of town Mets fan watching the Cubs play Houston in 2002, I was the only one watching. It’s not new, and it’s not unique.

One of the best parts about season tickets is I sit with the same people every week. We’ve gotten to know and like one another.

Find some seats that you like and invest in the seasons, it’s worth its weight in gold.

For most people it’s about cost, but I mean, when you do the math you can get season’s for about the same cost as going to two individual games, it’s a no brainer. This obviously doesn’t factor promo’d tix, but you get the point.

You must sit in a weird section. I’m in 302 and nobody around us that I can see was doing anything except cheering and being into the game like they do all games.
My guess is that's one of the differences between premium seating and regular priced.

Invest in pricier seats. I've been thinking about moving out of the preferreds due to several factors including loss of the tax incentive, it becoming increasingly difficult to make (some) games, and the multitude of really good, cheap stock. But in the end, I like my section and neighbors. They are universally good to my kids, and all really well-behaved (very minimal cussing and inappropriate antagonistic behavior). That is well-worth the premium on the tickets.

I will say though that although our usher is a super nice guy, he does almost nothing to stop the flow of traffic during play. I think if he tightened it up, it my encourage fans to actually get up and out during the TV timeout, not shortly thereafter when I am trying to watch SU execute a field goal.

Last edited:
FWIW, I was at the game Friday night, and it was the first Dome game I’ve been at in 4 years. So I don’t have a lot of context, admittedly. But the section I was in (114), and those around it, were full, energetic and into the game from the start. People stood, people chanted, people cheered. It was a lot of fun.

Maybe other areas of the Dome suck, I don’t know. But I couldn’t help but think of all the complaining I’ve read here about crowds over the past few years and think how my experience was totally different from that.

FWIW, I was at the game Friday night, and it was the first Dome game I’ve been at in 4 years. So I don’t have a lot of context, admittedly. But the section I was in (114), and those around it, were full, energetic and into the game from the start. People stood, people chanted, people cheered. It was a lot of fun.

Maybe other areas of the Dome suck, I don’t know. But I couldn’t help but think of all the complaining I’ve read here about crowds over the past few years and think how my experience was totally different from that.

Only been to one recent game also but that was my experience. Size of the crowd may not be huge but the people who are there want to be there and it's a lot louder than it appears on tv.

Let's just be happy that the fans showed up. Getting them there is the most important thing. I don't care if they're into the game or not, it looks 100% better on TV when that Dome is jammed full. On TV a few times, you could really hear the crowd getting into it. You have a closer game and it's deafening.

Rejoice that we have people willing to pile into the Dome on a rainy, freezing cold November night. Add in the traffic conundrums and it makes it even more powerful.

True, we aren't at a point where we can tell or hope for a certain fan behavior. the fact people are slowly showing up is the most important part. The southern powers deal with the same partying and most of those stadiums are dry. So, its a big tailgate and fans carrying in flasks;)

Invest in pricier seats. I've been thinking about moving out of the preferreds due to several factors including loss of the tax incentive, it becoming increasingly difficult to make (some) games, and the multitude of really good, cheap stock. But in the end, I like my section and neighbors. They are universally good to my kids, and all really well-behaved (very minimal cussing and inappropriate antagonistic behavior). That is well-worth the premium on the tickets.

I will say though that although our usher is a super nice guy, he does almost nothing to step the flow of traffic during play. I think if he tightened it up, it my encourage fans to actually get up and out during the TV timeout, not shortly thereafter when I am trying to watch SU execute a field goal.

Good point but over the past years, the expensive season seats also deal with partying. I have had seasons 5 rows off the field on the visitors side and deal with different people in seats every week as season tix holders sell their seats. Alot of inconsistency and fans partying and not being into the game.

I can’t wait for the day that people don’t go to SU games because they are too crowded!

Syracuse is the only game in town. Sure the crunch will get a few but SU is it. In addition there isnt a great cultural scene. If we continue to win 40k each game is a given.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom