Great Opportunity Tonight | Syracusefan.com

Great Opportunity Tonight

orangefog

Certified Message Board Genius
Tonight is the first opportunity that Syracuse will have to show this years squad to the whole country. I think they will come out fired up and look like the team that we expected them to be. John Gillon is not happy with his performance against South Carolina. He is a 5th year senior, he will come out focused and play well. I think that the rest of the team will also come out with a different energy as well and we will see the good Roberson. I can't wait for tonight, it should be a great game.

Tonight is the first opportunity that Syracuse will have to show this years squad to the whole country. I think they will come out fired up and look like the team that we expected them to be. John Gillon is not happy with his performance against South Carolina. He is a 5th year senior, he will come out focused and play well. I think that the rest of the team will also come out with a different energy as well and we will see the good Roberson. I can't wait for tonight, it should be a great game.
I hope your right fog. I have concerns about Roberson and fear that the bad Roberson is going to start coming out too often. This year we have options and I don't think JB will hesitate to play a combination of White/Thompson/Lydon at the forward spots and give more run to Coleman at 5 or just play White/Thompson/Lydon more along the back line.

Would be great to see a bounce-back performance from the entire team. Hope you're right.

Would be great to see a bounce-back performance from the entire team. Hope you're right.
Me too, tonight will show a lot. If this team is tough enough to go as far as most of us hoped, they will show it tonight.

My brother is going to the game and I have a number of Wisconsin friends who will be watching. This could be hard.

I just hope they don't try too hard, in other words, force things that aren't there or let aggressiveness turn into dumb fouls and turnovers in an effort to play with more intensity, desire, and cohesion. There's enough maturity on this team to not let that happen, and to play well.

Wisconsin's painful to watch slow, deliberate, use every second on the shot clock type of offense will test the patience of this young team. Ryan's strategy is to limit the amount of possessions opposing teams have. This will place a premium on Syracuse's effort to limit turnovers and execute efficiently on offense.

We will need a much improved performance by our guards and it will be essential that the bigs set some pics rather than standing by idly. If the PNR is our primary offensive strategy then we need so set some pics!

Hap is going to pose a considerable force and Chukwu will get eaten alive if he plays many minutes, especially if he plays in the same manner as he did against SC. I think DC can really help us tonight but I wouldn't be surprised to see Lydon getting some time at Center tonight.

Regardless, this is going to be a real test for the team and I have faith that they are going to rebound nicely from Saturday's loss to SC.

you mean a great opportunity for another nationally-televised embarrassing loss?

;)

Wisconsin's painful to watch slow, deliberate, use every second on the shot clock type of offense will test the patience of this young team. Ryan's strategy is to limit the amount of possessions opposing teams have. This will place a premium on Syracuse's effort to limit turnovers and execute efficiently on offense.

We will need a much improved performance by our guards and it will be essential that the bigs set some pics rather than standing by idly. If the PNR is our primary offensive strategy then we need so set some pics!

Hap is going to pose a considerable force and Chukwu will get eaten alive if he plays many minutes, especially if he plays in the same manner as he did against SC. I think DC can really help us tonight but I wouldn't be surprised to see Lydon getting some time at Center tonight.

Regardless, this is going to be a real test for the team and I have faith that they are going to rebound nicely from Saturday's loss to SC.
I looked at the box score from last year's Wisconsin game and saw that Coleman played only 5 minutes and was not in any foul trouble. Not sure why that was the case, as Roberson and Lydon (and the entire team) were dominated on the boards. Clearly, Coleman needs to come up big tonight for this team to have a chance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxfan516

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom