Great take on move to ACC from VA Tech | Syracusefan.com

Great take on move to ACC from VA Tech

liljoe

Scout Team
Never expected one of the best takes on the move to the ACC to come from VA Tech.

"It’s also one of the best things that has ever happened for the Atlantic Coast Conference.

To understand, don’t look at the short term. Don’t make a snap judgment based simply on the current landscape. Step back and look at the big picture of a school’s tradition, and look at the make-up of the East Coast, its massive population, and the growing importance of football."

http://www.hokiesports.com/rothreport/recaps/20110922aaa.html

Thanks for linking this. Excellent article. He even has me more excited about the ACC move and SU's future than before I read it. Great positive article for SU and ACC fans.

This is a fantastic line that any opponent to the move needs to understand...

"Other than Penn State, Syracuse and Pitt have been the most successful Eastern football schools on the East Coast over the past 50 years.During those 50 years, had Pitt and SU had the resources – that means money – of Penn State, they’d have a shot to be just as successful. Now, they will have that shot.

They’ll have the revenue, the exposure, and the chance to build on a solid base like their neighbor in State College has had over the years. That’s the “big picture” to look at when you consider Pitt and Syracuse from the football side because they’ve been somewhat handcuffed."

This one isn't too bad either...

"Hey, I miss Fitzgerald Field House (and I’m not even a Pitt fan!). And I know a bunch of SU alums in NYC who are going to miss going to The Garden for the Big East Tournament each spring. I’ve heard from a lot of you.
Think bigger. Think long term. (And pack your shorts and golf clubs and come to where it’s warm in March for some great hoops, too.)"

This is a fantastic line that any opponent to the move needs to understand...

"Other than Penn State, Syracuse and Pitt have been the most successful Eastern football schools on the East Coast over the past 50 years.During those 50 years, had Pitt and SU had the resources – that means money – of Penn State, they’d have a shot to be just as successful. Now, they will have that shot.

They’ll have the revenue, the exposure, and the chance to build on a solid base like their neighbor in State College has had over the years. That’s the “big picture” to look at when you consider Pitt and Syracuse from the football side because they’ve been somewhat handcuffed."

Yea that was my favorite part

Never expected one of the best takes on the move to the ACC to come from VA Tech.

"It’s also one of the best things that has ever happened for the Atlantic Coast Conference.

To understand, don’t look at the short term. Don’t make a snap judgment based simply on the current landscape. Step back and look at the big picture of a school’s tradition, and look at the make-up of the East Coast, its massive population, and the growing importance of football."

http://www.hokiesports.com/rothreport/recaps/20110922aaa.html
Roth is one of the best PBP guys in the business. Go Newhouse.

He might be a bit biased since he's an SU guy, but I think he's spot on. Good article.

Good read. Especially like the part "And pack your shorts and golf clubs and come to where it’s warm in March for some great hoops, too."