Great win. 3-1. What a grind... I didnt think we would win | Syracusefan.com

Great win. 3-1. What a grind... I didnt think we would win

IthacaBarrel

Shaky Potatoes
This one, great job hanging in there by the team. I certainly don't understand all the complaining but to each his own. Need to win the next two... We are 3-1 with two wins versus decent teams.

I thought the offense was pretty good and the defense needs to get some people back, walk ons are walk ons for a reason, we need c jones and s Thomas back. The blown assignments on some of the tds this year is alarming...

Rutgers has a lot more talent than we have but we have a lot more coaching, should be interesting. We need to start giving tickets away for noon games.

This one, great job hanging in there by the team. I certainly don't understand all the complaining but to each his own. Need to win the next two... We are 3-1 with two wins versus decent teams.

I thought the offense was pretty good and the defense needs to get some people back, walk ons are walk ons for a reason, we need c jones and s Thomas back. The blown assignments on some of the tds this year is alarming...

Rutgers has a lot more talent than we have but we have a lot more coaching, should be interesting. We need to start giving tickets away for noon games.

Agreed--need to get to 5-1, and then anything can happen.

I look at the back portion of our schedule, and I'm not sure who we can beat [other than uconn, who look pretty poor in general]. But I share your perspective that we've beaten two pretty darn good football teams in Wake and Toledo, and like last year, I think things will fall into place. I think we get to 8 wins again.

1/3 of the season is gone.. two games left usw/wv where you would think we have 10% chance of winning after that

90% tulane
70% rutgers
50% louis/uconn
40% cinci/pitt

need to keep the D healthy enough to compete. we have 3 games left against teams that will try to lite us up and 5 vs teams that we can outscore if we dont make mistakes..

Have to hit Daniels early and frustrate him, we have a much better chance than 10% of beating wvu and usf a solid Friday night crowd would help as well... These programs aren't world beaters.

We need to get healthy on d..

Asu kicked the out of USC last night

I'm not that worried about UL - I think they were better last year but maybe I'm just an idiot (or probably). I think between Rutgers, UConn, and UL there are 2 wins out of the 3. Tulane is a big game, we have to have that game is a little bit of a security blanket for the rest of conference play.

Thinking back to last year and this year and I guess HCDM's first year as well; this staff knows how to finish games. Whether we are ahead or behind. Regardless of b!tching about play calling, conditioning, and recruiting there is one factor that might be more important in a football game and that's the ability to close the game in all situations. The only game I can think of off the top of my head that we botched at the end was the UConn game last year and the UL game 2 years ago. Other then that we have closed games out when we have had to against Minny 2 years ago, WV, Rutgers, KSU, RI this year and now Toledo. I'm pretty sure there are a couple more games I'm forgetting to. But the point is there is nothing more comforting knowing that the coaching staff is prepared and has the players prepared to win at the end of the game. That is great coaching.

I'm not that worried about UL - I think they were better last year but maybe I'm just an idiot (or probably). I think between Rutgers, UConn, and UL there are 2 wins out of the 3. Tulane is a big game, we have to have that game is a little bit of a security blanket for the rest of conference play.

Thinking back to last year and this year and I guess HCDM's first year as well; this staff knows how to finish games. Whether we are ahead or behind. Regardless of b!tching about play calling, conditioning, and recruiting there is one factor that might be more important in a football game and that's the ability to close the game in all situations. The only game I can think of off the top of my head that we botched at the end was the UConn game last year and the UL game 2 years ago. Other then that we have closed games out when we have had to against Minny 2 years ago, WV, Rutgers, KSU, RI this year and now Toledo. I'm pretty sure there are a couple more games I'm forgetting to. But the point is there is nothing more comforting knowing that the coaching staff is prepared and has the players prepared to win at the end of the game. That is great coaching.
That's been a comforting phenomenon with the coaches & players. I expected them to come back with that last TD and to pull the game out in the end. SU has been fun to watch at the end which is a great signal by the team.

I'm happy with 3-1, wanted 4-0 but as long as the team continues to learn and get better I'm ok with it. Rutgers is going to be a tough game, they are going to be playing with some BE you left us and we're still here attitude and we have to play well and stop Sanu rushing and receiving along with not turning the ball over.

Agreed. That was a nice win. It would be idiotic for anyone here to expect any team to roll over for SU. Why? B/c we once won an NC in 1959? B/c we won the failure lotto and got into the ACC? B/c Doug "bust out the Jergens" Marrone guided us to a Pinstripe win?

There is a collection of talent in the top 8 every year that is separated from the rest. Always has been. Then there are about 50-60 teams that can beat each other on every given Saturday. We've got a ways to go.

Marrone's teams don't seem to start well. He's got to work on his pep talks or pre-game work or something. But, they finish well. He adjusts at halftime. His team's are well conditioned. They keep hitting all the way to the end.

Take this win and move on. Take our 30 point beating to WVU. Maybe surprise USF. Eke out a bowl game this year. Sell the ACC move to some recruits. As my dad says, Onwards and Upwards.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom