Great win. but just wondering | Syracusefan.com

Great win. but just wondering

orangepassion

Nunzio Prophet
Was anyone besides me surprised we went for it on 4th and 1 at the end of the game with the game out of hand?

You never kick a FG in that situation.

I thought we ran a play that purposefully was designed not to make it myself. ;)

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Cheers,
Neil

Personally I think that was less humiliating than taking a knee or kicking a FG.

In good weather they probably kick the FG but that scenario even a turnover is fine as they would have to go the full field.

I would think (as did the announcers) that if anything is running it up, it's going for it there.
I thought that was a ridiculous statement. Look, a field goal was not a gimme given the field conditions, but kicking a field goal there increases an already insurmountable lead. Going for it on 4th and 1 gives the defense an opportunity to stop us and take over on downs.

I don't see It. SU was going to run five runs up the middle from that point. If I'm WVU I want a chance to stop SU. Not watch SU take a chip shot FG to add to the final margin.

I would think (as did the announcers) that if anything is running it up, it's going for it there.

You get a 1st down, you can control the ball for the rest of the game. It doesn't mean we're planning on scoring again.

Then again, with WVU's run defense, a FB dive could go for 25 yards. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom