Great win but Paduda or Demarco need to start at the X next week | Syracusefan.com

Great win but Paduda or Demarco need to start at the X next week

JeremyCuse

Living Legend
Syracuse should have won easily if not for another terrible job at the X by Daddio and an even worse job by our wing guys who honestly might be the worst in the nation. Next week against Fowler we cant run out Daddio there because Fowler is completely in his head and will work him over like no tomorrow. Ditto for Iacono who doesnt look anywhere near 100%, he has zero agility or movement out there. I would like to see Lecky and Firman on the wings and Demarco or Paduda at the X.

I do want to give a shout out to a kid I thought was really in over his head last year in Drew Jenkins, thought he looked great today, played good D and head a couple of solo clears that were a huge help, kudos to him. Also kudos to the Syracuse offense, made every possession count despite not seeing the ball for large chunks at a time and without Staats, Evans and really Rice who didnt see him to be himself today.

If we can get any sort of X play next week we can beat Duke, gotta try someone else, ENOUGH WITH DADDIO.

This team won this game on pure talent alone as Desko tried to blow this game on unforced errors and turnovers.

There was a minimum of 3/4 times he should have called a T.O. and he missed a major one where J.H. scored a empty goal at midfield on a violation created by the goalie.

Not a really sharp coach...eh.

Switching up to the long stick guy on a face off was a laughable offense....he got totally abused on each

There was a minimum of 3/4 times he should have called a T.O. and he missed a major one where J.H. scored a empty goal at midfield on a violation created by the goalie.

That drove me absolutely nuts. Not sure why that happened in that spot, would love to hear Desko's reasoning.

Agreed. We have to try something different here or we'll get abused by Duke. They're a much better offensive team than JHU. Ditto on the wng play. It seemed like they weren't even trying on the loose balls.

That empty net goal was embarrassing but I counted at least three times yesterday where Lamo was way out of the net playing D and Tait or Harris pushed him back in the crease and chewed his ass off.

Gotta hand it to the team. Really damn good win. Not sure any team would be capable of winning 16% of faceoffs (or anything) and be able to win. Creates such a slim margin of error.

Always good to beat those Big Ten teams like Hopkins. :rolleyes:

Agreed. We have to try something different here or we'll get abused by Duke. They're a much better offensive team than JHU. Ditto on the wng play. It seemed like they weren't even trying on the loose balls.

That empty net goal was embarrassing but I counted at least three times yesterday where Lamo was way out of the net playing D and Tait or Harris pushed him back in the crease and chewed his ass off.

Daddio was bad as usual but he also got zero help from the wings, one draw in particular stood out to me where after a long scrum Kennedy finally got hit the ball behind him, the JHU wing guy was in the general area but our wing guy was about a quarter away down the field. How in the hell is he going to help us actually win a draw if hes no where near the X? For the love of good get some fresh blood on the wings. Does anyone know if Desko does a weekly show like Schaffer and JB? Would love to be able to ask him that question.

This team won this game on pure talent alone as Desko tried to blow this game on unforced errors and turnovers.

Switching up to the long stick guy on a face off was a laughable offense...he got totally abused on each
Maybe I am misinterpreting your comments, but how did Desko create unforced errors and turnovers? Did he regain some eligibility? I understand coaching, and am not ecstatic with some facets of the job Desko is doing, but I am not sure you can pin unforced errors and turnovers on Desko. He wasn't making the passes out there. Now, FO's - that's another thing. ;)

Maybe I am misinterpreting your comments, but how did Desko create unforced errors and turnovers? Did he regain some eligibility? I understand coaching, and am not ecstatic with some facets of the job Desko is doing, but I am not sure you can pin unforced errors and turnovers on Desko. He wasn't making the passes out there. Now, FO's - that's another thing. ;)

when they called a failure to advance(twice) he could have called a T.O. before the refs blew the whistle. He is not aware of game clock management during the game. as for the off sides penalty it then becomes a dead ball where he could have called it, instead J.H. gets a free open goal mistake.

Those are coaching mistakes along with some of the blame on the players as one time a player could have gone in to stop the penalty, but instead ran parallel at the top of the box which tells me the kid was confused and should have called a T.O.

Switching up to the long stick guy on a face off was a laughable offense...he got totally abused on each

You want him to use up all the timeouts to preserve possessions in a game where turnovers are an inherent part of the game? It's not like football where each team gets the ball 8 to 12 times.

I haven't been able to see the game yet but with this offense I wouldn't burn a TO before the 4th quarter just to prevent a failure to advance.

with the faceoff problems with this team you also need to preserve all the offensive opportunities you can,and no excuse on the open net goal

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom