Greetings from a Minnesota Fan | Syracusefan.com

Greetings from a Minnesota Fan

Kellyleeks

Walk On
Hey - First, I wanted to say hello from an MN fan. Second, I will apologize in advance for some of the Minnesota fans who are a bit overzealous over what's been a good year for us. A few years ago I made the trip up from Boston (skinnier , fit girls), where I live (I grew up in MN and went to the U (less active, heavier girls)) and really enjoyed the hospitality. We had a great time tailgating with you guys. I have some family in Vermont and we got tickets to your basketball game with UNC, can't wait for it.

I will admit that I don't know a lot about your team, but it appears as if it should be a good game. I'd be interested in getting thoughts on your strengths and weaknesses. We do best when our running game is working and we aren't forced to pass. Our D is our strength, but testing the DB's would be a decent strategy. I'm not sure what will happen, but I have the feeling that if either team gets up early it'll be tough for the other one to comeback.

Love to get your thoughts and hope to see you tailgating in Texas.

imo these are 2 teams that are pretty similar. Both would prefer to run the ball, however our OC really opened it up the last game and our first year starting qb had a career game. I have a feeling he will play with nothing to loose again so it will be interesting to see how it goes. Even though we have got gashed by some good teams our strength all season has been containing the run. It doesn't seem like you guys pass that well, which is a good thing because we are pretty banged up in the secondary. I think whoever wins the game will come down to our ability to stop the run, which isn't really going out on a limb. It is a strength, but I don't think anyone of our fans could honestly tell you one way or another which way this game will go. We have seen our defense play lights out and win us games, and at the same time our defense has completely rolled over and played dead.

My prediction is it will be one of the uglier games all bowl season...which is a good thing for Syracuse because that's when we're at our best. I really think it's a toss up, and wouldn't be surprised one way or the other with the outcome. With that said

Destiny USA 21
Mall of America 20

Interesting post. Not having seen Syracuse play, I'm not fully informed, but I do think both teams have been a bit inconsistent. I'm hoping that both teams bring their best.

Our defense is pretty good at times, but dealing with a bashed up secondary. Regardless, Syracuse will be remembered as one of the hardest-hitting teams Minny played this year.

I mean we aren't Mich St, or even close, but we will smack you in the mouth. That's what I'm proud of.

Inconsistent adequately describes our play this season. By contrast Minnesota appeared to be quite consistent in beating who they should and showing well against stronger wisky and sparty team late in the season. Most of our coaches are in the first year of their current capacity and we'd love to have some of our early season games back with our team as it currently perfoms.

We have 2 identicle opponents both of whom you beat and we did not. You should feel confident based on that alone. I, and other SU fans will point out that those were our coaches first games with a strating qb that proved unfit and has long ago been replaced. We'll point out that Penn State week 1, looked a lot different than the banged up version you saw later in the year. We'll point to how we got NW pre ohio state and you saw them after when they were a shell of themselves to give ourselves some hope. End game, you beat the teams in front of you when you had the chance and we did not.

I see Syracuse and Minnesota as pretty evenly matched player for player and I expect Minnesota to look very similar to the Boston College team that gave us a good game to end the season. Being from Boston, that would be the game to rewatch to get an idea what were about.

Either team could win by 21, but I'll guess on something much closer. It'll be a hard hitting game regardless and likely only fun if you appreciate defense.

Hey - First, I wanted to say hello from an MN fan. Second, I will apologize in advance for some of the Minnesota fans who are a bit overzealous over what's been a good year for us. A few years ago I made the trip up from Boston (skinnier , fit girls), where I live (I grew up in MN and went to the U (less active, heavier girls)) and really enjoyed the hospitality. We had a great time tailgating with you guys. I have some family in Vermont and we got tickets to your basketball game with UNC, can't wait for it.

I will admit that I don't know a lot about your team, but it appears as if it should be a good game. I'd be interested in getting thoughts on your strengths and weaknesses. We do best when our running game is working and we aren't forced to pass. Our D is our strength, but testing the DB's would be a decent strategy. I'm not sure what will happen, but I have the feeling that if either team gets up early it'll be tough for the other one to comeback.

Love to get your thoughts and hope to see you tailgating in Texas.
Did you play on The Bad News Bears?

With our strong safety out this game will be dicey for us, luckily there is some time to coach up our reserves.

Does Minnie have any injury uestion marks coming into this game?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom