Greg Schiano on College Football Radio Today | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Greg Schiano on College Football Radio Today

He indicated that Rutger is NYC's team.

He said that in "independent" group determined that Rutgers gets 21% of college TV viewers(?)

Anybody know if this stuff is true?

Now, more than ever before OP, the answer is: why do we even care? I do not mean this as a flame, and I am not poking fun at the question.

We were hand selected by the ACC, and maybe ESPN, to join the conference and all the security that goes with it. Rutgers was not. Let Schiano claim whatever he wants. Make him mayor of NYC. The longer Rutgers stays in the BE, the further back they are in the rrear viewmirror of recruiting. It will become much harder to sell the program as time passes. And if they start losing...

We gave away a golden opportunity to drive another nail into that coffin.

Used car salesman. Something tells me this is an example, possibly a mild example, of the tactics Schiano uses with recruits. I hope HCDM can resist the temptation to lower himself to Schiano's level.
He doesn't need to. Doug says "We're going to the ACC."

Fact: A lot of beds on campus equals future football powerhouse.

The ultimate grasp at a straw. Did he really bring that up in a national interview? Good lord

I think Shady recruits like Ron Burgandy picks up chicks.
thumbnail.aspx

"Rutgers has many, many beds and our dorms smell of rich mahogany"

thumbnail.aspx

"I have many leather bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany"

He indicated that Rutger is NYC's team.

He said that in "independent" group determined that Rutgers gets 21% of college TV viewers(?)

That "nobody else is even close"

Says that Rutgers has garnered the three or four highest rated college football games on NYC TV.

He said that Rutgers has more on-campus beds than any school in the US other than Michigan State - I guess in response to the notion that Rutgers is a commuter school.

Anybody know if this stuff is true?
Does it matter if its true. No conference wants them. They can enjoy the fact that in a couple years even if they have a 1 loss season or go unbeaten at best they end up going to the International Bowl or the Beef O' Brady bowl or whatever the heck its called. Cause that is "LIFE IN THE BIG EAST" come 2014!