Groundhog Day - Grayson Allen | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Groundhog Day - Grayson Allen

He hit the guy in the head and never even jumped to go for the ball.

watch it again. I am no Grayson fan by any means, but his hand went around the head. Grant was hit by Grayson's bicep! Although it is a foul, I am not sure you can call it flagrant. He was beat, made a very bad play, is a to begin with, but flagrant? IDK, but whatever. If he was one of our guys everyone would be crying foul.

watch it again. I am no Grayson fan by any means, but his hand went around the head. Grant was hit by Grayson's bicep! Although it is a foul, I am not sure you can call it flagrant. He was beat, made a very bad play, is a to begin with, but flagrant? IDK, but whatever. If he was one of our guys everyone would be crying foul.
Thing is, based on past behavior, he does not get the benefit of the doubt. Nor should he.

I don't understand why Duke (and K) are seldom tarred by his actions. It's not like he was a 1-and-done, and gone in 6 months. He was there for 4 seasons. If the Duke program is the paragon that it's reputed to be, they should have been able to influence him in a positive manner. Instead, 3 tripping incidents led to, what. . .a 1 game suspension?

If someone Kermit Washington’d him, I don’t think there would be any outcry at all.

It’s really at that point.

LIKE for the AU reference

First foul was pretty bad, second one just looked fairly normal? Not sure why they called the second flagrant.

Because he wound up and hit him in the back of the head, making absolutely no play on the ball.

Because he wound up and hit him in the back of the head, making absolutely no play on the ball.

The announcers mentioned that it was the 2nd time Allen wound up against Williams purportedly going after the ball but the first time he did it , it wasn’t called. I think the refs had seen enough - the guy just can’t handle the frustration when beaten in normal competitive situations. Sadly it’s something most competitors have had to learn how to handle at an early age, he has to finally be held accountable or his career is over except as the brunt of jokes. There’s no more hiding behind Coach K, Duke or his talent/potential, he’s a liability in the NBA.

Absolutely warranted to eject him. Two reckless, douche plays within 10 seconds, and there was escalation. Maybe you don't eject him in a regular season game, but this game was meaningless, and you're both trying to teach him a lesson/shame the F out of him, and protect against what was inevitably to come next.

Dakich was funny with the "don't touch Grayson" line, which i hope was a Seinfeld ("don't touch Jimmy!") reference.

I watched it a number of times. I don't think it matters what part of Allen's arm hit him in the head. He never jumped. If you're trying to block a shot, you jump. If you know you're going to foul and want to make sure it looks like you're trying to block the shot, you jump and hit his arms. If you want to make a goon play, you stay on the floor and hit the guy in the head.

He isn’t good enough for any team to put up with his crap.

I hope that guy waited for him outside and kicked his ass.

There is something wrong with Grayson. Deeply wrong.

Living a life full of entitlement and privilege has amplified his issues.

Mark my words, something he is going to kill someone. And as always, he will not take responsibility.

His parents should be very ashamed. As should Coach K.

Allen should be suspended and fined heavily. He doesn’t get the benefit of the doubt.

Last edited:
Absolute BS. Someone could “Kermit Washington” him and I’d cheer wildly.

In fact, someone needs to. He’s a danger to everyone’s career.

Imagine kicking Roy Tarpley and Richard Dumas out of the league because “dOnT dO DrUgS”, but this jerk gets to endanger everyone’s career and nothing ever happens to him.

Last edited:
I don’t know, not an NBA player, but that second move with his arm seemed a little excessive just imo.