Growing Oranges | Syracusefan.com

Growing Oranges

RICuse44

Starter
Kind of OT but I thought you all might appreciate it on a dreary early spring day. I went on a hike today with my wife and my two daughters ages 4 and 2. The 2 year old rides on my back in one of those carriers. She likes to sing songs as we go along, things like "Twinkle, Twinkle" and "Baa, Baa Black Sheep".

Then, in the middle of the woods she busted out with "Let's go Orange...clap, clap, clap, clap, clap. Let's go OO-range...clap, clap, clap, clap, clap". I'm not sure what got her fired up. Tomcat hadn't even posted his practice review yet. Maybe it was the Drew Allen news. Whatever it was though I could not have been prouder.

It was probably a little Orange Stream of Consciousness getting the best of her. She saw a squirrel, and that made her think of acorns, acorns made her think of Oak trees, which made her think of falling leaves, which made her think of football season, which of course, made her think of SU. She's a good little fan.

Kind of OT but I thought you all might appreciate it on a dreary early spring day. I went on a hike today with my wife and my two daughters ages 4 and 2. The 2 year old rides on my back in one of those carriers. She likes to sing songs as we go along, things like "Twinkle, Twinkle" and "Baa, Baa Black Sheep".

Then, in the middle of the woods she busted out with "Let's go Orange...clap, clap, clap, clap, clap. Let's go OO-range...clap, clap, clap, clap, clap". I'm not sure what got her fired up. Tomcat hadn't even posted his practice review yet. Maybe it was the Drew Allen news. Whatever it was though I could not have been prouder.
You probably need to write a parenting book.

Having raised four Orange fans, you are doing it right. Keep up the good work.

P.S. When mom is not around, don't forget to to teach them, "Georgetown sucks!"

Having raised four Orange fans, you are doing it right. Keep up the good work.

P.S. When mom is not around, don't forget to to teach them, "Georgetown sucks!"

Definitely on top of that! My wife agrees though. I also tell them every bad guy in Disney movies is named either Frank Beamer, Charlie Strong, or JTIII.