Gruden would pick Nassib over any other QBs this year | Syracusefan.com

Gruden would pick Nassib over any other QBs this year

Acuse

Walk On
http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2013/04/espns_jon_grudens_top_choice_a.html

"
...if he had his own team to pick for this year, Nassib would be his guy -- ahead of Geno Smith, Matt Barkley, EJ Manuel and the rest."

"
On if Nassib can command an NFL huddle with his laid-back demeanor: "Yeah, I think so. I don't think a lot of these quarterbacks are type A personalities. I like a calm, cool customer. A man that can handle a lot of situations with a lot on his plate from a football standpoint. "

"On the surprising part of Nassib's game: "He threw some tight-window completions and that's hard to find sometimes in college football."

Heady praise for Nassib.

Not bad for a player who's just "all right," according to one of our posters.

Go, Ryan. Way to trick your way onto a roster;)

I know it wasn't you, but someone did say that right? Sounds very familiar.

Sent using my Commodore 64

I know it wasn't you, but someone did say that right? Sounds very familiar.

Sent using my Commodore 64
Definitely not me, I've been a big Nassib fan since the days of Paulus.

From what I saw of Nassib over the last 2 years I can't say I disagree with Gruden. Guys like Geno Smith put up huge numbers because of the system they're in. Nassib's numbers were legit, IMO. If he had played just a little better Syracuse might have beaten Northwestern and USC, in which case (1) you would've been Big East champs, (2) it would've been the Orange beating the Gators in the Sugar Bowl, and (3) Nassib might be a top 3 NFL pick. Oh, well.

From what I saw of Nassib over the last 2 years I can't say I disagree with Gruden. Guys like Geno Smith put up huge numbers because of the system they're in. Nassib's numbers were legit, IMO. If he had played just a little better Syracuse might have beaten Northwestern and USC, in which case (1) you would've been Big East champs, (2) it would've been the Orange beating the Gators in the Sugar Bowl, and (3) Nassib might be a top 3 NFL pick. Oh, well.
don't really hold those early season games against him - all-BE left tackle Pugh was still out with injury and his protection was not very good. Once Pugh returned mid-way through the season the line was great, running game really blossomed and Ryan's play improved as a result.