GT Game | Syracusefan.com

GT Game

Mchandl8

Scout Team
We were the better team. We nearly let them come back, but the better team won. McCord is very good. Pena is gonna have quite the season. I got a little terrified at the end but we pulled it out. We looked much better than last week… although I wonder if Ohio is better than I previously thought

We were the better team. We nearly let them come back, but the better team won. McCord is very good. Pena is gonna have quite the season. I got a little terrified at the end but we pulled it out. We looked much better than last week… although I wonder if Ohio is better than I previously thought
Ohio won ten games back to back

And even though they lost a lot, they may have all the building blocks in place to win another 9-10 games again this year

The game statistically was not close. Special teams may need some tuning.
Matthew Broderick GIF

Forget the fluky stuff like blocked kicks and recovered onside kicks. That stuff is correctable.

GT is a good team and we lined up and they couldn’t stop us. Didn’t need three turnovers. Didn’t need any smoke and mirrors. Just lined up and got whatever we wanted on offense. That’s the sign of a really good team.

Forget the fluky stuff like blocked kicks and recovered onside kicks. That stuff is correctable.

GT is a good team and we lined up and they couldn’t stop us. Didn’t need three turnovers. Didn’t need any smoke and mirrors. Just lined up and got whatever we wanted on offense. That’s the sign of a really good team.
I think this is right.

I am not gonna criticize the general rush three strategy, but I would have liked a few blitzes to keep em honest.

I thought the outside defenders played really well getting to the receivers on short throws and limiting gains to 3 to 5 yards.

Where are all the doomsday sayers on our D? Where are they?

Our issue is specials. Our D is fine.

McCord is great.

Agreed. The O Line did its job protecting Kyle, opening holes for LQA and Mr. Nixon. Kyle is a very cool customer - he knows the playbook by heart and adjusts when necessary for positive yards. His accuracy is amazing, dropped passes today but the receiver corps is better noting how many of the receiver room are targets and catches.

I know it was frustrating letting the QB sit back there all day but I'm guessing they rather him try and pass than run.

Special teams is an easy fix. Don't punt, kick a field goal, kick off or receive a kickoff and we're good.
That's true but man constantly seeing just the three man rush was ...well
Kevin James Pain GIF by TV Land

And had about 5 dropped passes, Villari 2 and OG dropped 2. We need a good running attack, but that will probably be next year. Our bread and butter this year is McCord and the receivers, including Allen. That's where Allen will make a living
in the NFL as a receiver out of the backfield.

Ohio either had a better OI than GT or we got a Iot better in a week. I Iiked our D today. GT has some tooIs and we mostIy shut them down.

I've watched SU QB's since Zimmerman and Fogarty. McNabb wiII aIways be my heart. McPherson was screwed out of the Heisman. I've never seen anyone as perfect as McCoy today. Don't over Iook the job the OI did pass bIocking.

AIIen sIiding at the end was super heads-up and smart.

Ohio either had a better OI than GT or we got a Iot better in a week. I Iiked our D today. GT has some tooIs and we mostIy shut them down.

I've watched SU QB's since Zimmerman and Fogarty. McNabb wiII aIways be my heart. McPherson was screwed out of the Heisman. I've never seen anyone as perfect as McCoy today. Don't over Iook the job the OI did pass bIocking.

AIIen sIiding at the end was super heads-up and smart.
Fran showed to be a class act by not scoring another TD.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom