GT Guru on why SU out for NN | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

GT Guru on why SU out for NN

seems like we need an MCW check...is he all in 'Cuse...did not playing hurt his psyche...if we know that we may learn something about the NN recruitment.

He sat behind a fifth year senior, a guy going in the first round of the NBA Draft, and JR who has logged significant minutes in three seasons.

If he has a problem with his playing time, that's his problem. I don't buy it. That kid was up off the bench for his teammates and played HARD when he was in there. SU has had more than its share of disgruntled players over the last 20+ yrs. I think we all know what that looks like and MCW was not it.

44cuse

After reading this, is there anyone who still doesn't think we will have the biggest meltdown if he goes elsewhere? All 3 schools have arguments for and against them. I hope he comes to the Cuse, but I could make an argument to put them in 3rd place right now. I could also make an argument to put them in 1st place. Sometimes it's hard for people to admit they don't know. With DC2 and Rak, MCW's frustration ("Free MCW), and the other problems surrounding the school, it isn't hard to picture a logical person having reservations.

I am the other "middle aged fan" who was wearing a high-top fade at the AA Championship game in New Orleans last weekend. It is total bunk that NN doesn't like DC2. NN came out of the locker room after their game and sat near both Jerami Grant and DC2. He could have sat anywhere in the arena since there were lots of empty seats. He also left for a few minutes to get a drink and returned to sit with our guys. It was apparent to me that he felt comfortable sitting with them.

Hi Bro :) Welcome to the board ! Love the handle and avatar ! LOL. Don't be confused folks, my brother is a transplant to the Carolinas many moons ago. He took me to my first SU basketball game in 1970-71, and I've been hooked ever since.
We used to walk to Manley from our childhood home in the University section.

FWIW this was posted on the Hoya Board a couple of hours ago by their recruiting insider (GT version of Jake I guess):
Same source as before, nothing particularly new. Paraphrased. Georgetown still leader. MCW not thrilled with Cuse. Nerlens' mom not high on cuse. NN didn't love idea of playing with Coleman. Cuse is in 3rd. Cal putting on full court press. Really pushing the back-to-back titles and telling NN that Shabazz is in. NN has hesitations of being compared to Davis, but wants to win a title and think UK is best shot.

Hope this ain't so. Still seems awfully strange that NN apparently is friendly with MCW, Rak, DC2 and continues to tweet them, feels really comfortable with them and the coaching staff yet is choosing to go elsewhere where he isn't close with anyone. I don't think that makes sense and still think we're not out of it when it gets to decision hour. Francis/Jake/Bees: are you hearing the above?

Ha...you think a Georgetown fan would have it that MCW is frustrated and not all in before someone here would? Seems highly unlikely. Me thinks folks will just believe whatever details/theories seems to line up best with whatever outcome they are expecting.

Does anyone here truly believe MCW was perfectly happy sitting on the bench this year? 90% of McD's kids play more mins their first year than he did. It's not like Triche lit the world on fire with his pedestrian 40% shooting season...I would have been frustrated too.

Does anyone here truly believe MCW was perfectly happy sitting on the bench this year? 90% of McD's kids play more mins their first year than he did. It's not like Triche lit the world on fire with his pedestrian 40% shooting season...I would have been frustrated too.

I dont think he was happy and i dont want a kid who would be happy sitting on the bench. The kid is a competitor and should want more playing time. Thats why he will be a stud next year.

This lists the aggregate minutes played and minutes per game of last years MCD AAs. Marshall Plumlee did not play due to redshirt, Khem Birch transferred, while several experienced injuries, most notably Wayne Blackshear and Adonis Thomas. I think it's safe to say that Birch and Blackshear would have played substantially more minutes if they were on the roster for the entire year. Accordingly, SU and OSU appear to be the stingiest with regard to playing time, likely due to depth at the applicable positions.

Column1 School Player Minutes GP MPG
1 Louisville Blackshear, W. 105 15 7.0
2 Pitt Birch, K. 150 10 15.0
3 Ohio State Williams, A. 191 29 6.6
4 Syracuse Carter-Williams, M. 269 26 10.3
5 Ohio State Scott, S. 382 36 10.6
6 Duke Cook, Q. 387 33 11.7
7 Syracuse Christmas, R. 425 37 11.5
8 Memphis Thomas, A. 455 19 23.9
9 Kentucky Wiltjer, K. 462 40 11.6
10 North Carolina Hairston, P.J. 482 37 13.0
11 North Carolina McAdoo, J. 594 38 15.6
12 LSU O'Bryant, J. 600 28 21.4
13 Michigan State Dawson, B. 640 31 20.6
14 Oklahoma State Nash, L. 842 28 30.1
15 Indiana Zeller, C. 1025 36 28.5
16 Georgia Caldwell-Pope, K 1028 32 32.1
17 Louisville Behanan, C. 1039 40 26.0
18 Texas Kabongo, M. 1039 34 30.6
19 Duke Rivers, A. 1129 34 33.2
20 Kentucky Kidd-Gilchrist, M. 1245 40 31.1
21 Florida Beal, B. 1267 37 34.2
22 Kentucky Davis, A. 1281 40 32.0
23 Kentucky Teague, M. 1303 40 32.6
24 Duke Plumlee, M. N/A

LOL @ MP3

Kid was a McD AA because he went to Duke and he went to Duke because his last name is Plumlee.

AKA, he was a McD AA because of his last name. He'd be better off as a high jumper instead of basketball player.

Good post. The season has been over for a few weeks now and I had almost forgotten how awful Triche really was this year and how many games he cost us. We're screwed for next season unless JB comes to his senses and finally puts his best players on the court. I just pray MCW forgives him for the mistreatment he had to endure this season.

Francis, do you know if the syracuse coaches have been able to speak with Noel in the past week?

Im just guessing...
But I feel Noel's body language has shown his decision was made up last week.
Also...
Cuse often times just rolls the ball to kids in the offseason and expects the players to put it together.
I am willing to bet they council them after a season ends and during recruiting though.

Thinking back to the story of JB and Scoop a few years ago. The story went something like... Scoop walked into the room, showed JB he was in good shape in November and ready to play some point.

JB wanted MCW to be frustrated and want to play. He told him those exact words. That will make him better earlier in the season this year and even better by the end of the year.
MCW did what JB asked! I see that as good chemistry!!!

Ha...you think a Georgetown fan would have it that MCW is frustrated and not all in before someone here would? Seems highly unlikely. Me thinks folks will just believe whatever details/theories seems to line up best with whatever outcome they are expecting.
The game NN attended on his visit was the one where JB and MCW had their blowup (MCW yelling at JB and almost having to be held back). It was very bad timing for something like that to happen but seemed to have blown over by the end of the game. The GT "insider" info could just be based on that public incident.

The game NN attended on his visit was the one where JB and MCW had their blowup (MCW yelling at JB and almost having to be held back). It was very bad timing for something like that to happen but seemed to have blown over by the end of the game. The GT "insider" info could just be based on that public incident.
My sources (myself) say that GT will suck next year especially since Hollis Thompson is entering the NBA draft

My sources (myself) say that GT will suck next year especially since Hollis Thompson is entering the NBA draft
Otto Porter is All-World though

2)Agree that Mom isn't as high on SU as she is for G-Town, but remember it's Nerlens not Momma making the final choice.
although, IIRC, it was Dash Riley's mom who convinced him very late in the game - after he had already verballed - to bone the Hoyas and switch to Orange