GT thoughts, big momentum shift | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

GT thoughts, big momentum shift

They are a 9 point favorite for a reason. The oddsmakers(objective view) have to believe we don't match up well where we need to. Our running games has been spot on the last 2 games gaining over 300/game however GT's running game has been spot on all season allowing them to be 6th in the country in rushing offense. Both teams rank in the top 25 in both rushing defense and rushing offense. Something has to give and unfortunately Paul Johnson has been running his systems alot longer than our staff. I believe the difference in coaching experience and schemes, combined with home field advantage is why they are 9pt favorites. We have played NW, PSU, and Clemson. They have played VT, Miami, and BYU. At this point both teams are battle tested. We beat the snot out of NC ST. We were more physical in the trenches and good lord our guys can hit. Absolutely no room for error this week, we have to bring the same mentality to Atlanta that we did last week. Time to Get a mean on.

I had a chance to watch GT play two games this season, once against VT and once against BYU. During both games the opposing Dline spent half of their time in GT's backfield. Either GT's Oline is horrible or BYU and VT have great dlines. Maybe its a little of both. But I believe our dline is superior to GT's Oline. Thats where I think the game will be won.

I had a chance to watch GT play two games this season, once against VT and once against BYU. During both games the opposing Dline spent half of their time in GT's backfield. Either GT's Oline is horrible or BYU and VT have great dlines. Maybe its a little of both. But I believe our dline is superior to GT's Oline. Thats where I think the game will be won.

Our d-line has really been coming along. Bromley has been disruptive, Sugar Bear is starting to get comfortable, Welsh has been very good and Raymon/Crume have shown signs. Going to be a fun battle, but I am most interested in seeing how our secondary plays. I'm confident in our front 7 to handle their business, but I literally have nightmares over the safeties cheating and one of our corners getting beat.

KEEP 'EM IN FRONT OF US.