GTown/Cinci | Syracusefan.com

GTown/Cinci

jekelish

Living Legend
Ladies and gentlemen, this game is ugly.

If there is one word to describe Big East basketball, it's "scrum." Every freaking play winds up being a scrum because it is so physical and the ball goes flying all over the place as players plow into each other scrambling to get to it.

I would also describe the current state of Big East basketball as "brutal" and "nauseating."

will cincy crack 30? and did i really think cincy would win this? :eek::eek:

Have you ever watched rugby players attempt to play soccer?

The Big East reminds me of that.

Seems every call is going to Gtown right now. Slap & hack going unnoticed.

I think it's simply scrumtralescent.

I hope I wasnt the only one but just in case

1. Scrumtrulescent

adj: so great that any other word employed would be woefully insufficient, and would serve only to limit the sheer magnitude of the greatness intended as a descriptor.

Either they start officiating the game properly, or the NCAA needs to mandate these guys play in helmets and pads.

Actually you know what I compare this to? It's like the difference between watching thug NHL hockey and Olympic hockey. Olympic is so much more wide open and fun to watch that the goon stuff. I don't like hockey, but I'll watch Olympic hockey because it is such a wide open, fast paced, beautiful sport. NHL hockey, at least when I tried watching in the late 90s and early 00s, was just too thuggish to be tolerable.

That's what this BE style has become.

Edit: which is also why we don't fare as well lately against Pitt and Georgetown. We try to play a wide open free wheeling style, and they play a pack it in, goon it up style.

Actually you know what I compare this to? It's like the difference between watching thug NHL hockey and Olympic hockey. Olympic is so much more wide open and fun to watch that the goon stuff. I don't like hockey, but I'll watch Olympic hockey because it is such a wide open, fast paced, beautiful sport. NHL hockey, at least when I tried watching in the late 90s and early 00s, was just too thuggish to be tolerable.

That's what this BE style has become.

after the nhl lockout in 2005 they changed alot of the clutch and grab rules for a more fast paced game. its not great but definitely better then it was when the devils were winning cups playing that style

1. Scrumtrulescent

adj: so great that any other word employed would be woefully insufficient, and would serve only to limit the sheer magnitude of the greatness intended as a descriptor.

I'll admit you weren't the only one. lol.

If scrumtralescent doesn't become a board staple I'll be disappointed in all of us.

1. Scrumtrulescent

I thought he made it up, I need to put that word into daily use

after the nhl lockout in 2005 they changed alot of the clutch and grab rules for a more fast paced game. its not great but definitely better then it was when the devils were winning cups playing that style

Eliminating the two line pass also helped. Never understood that rule in the first place, it never existed in any level of hockey, but the NHL was trying to protect against a faster, higher scoring game?

Eliminating the two line pass also helped. Never understood that rule in the first place, it never existed in any level of hockey, but the NHL was trying to protect against a faster, higher scoring game?

This has nothing to do with what you posted, but I've wanted to say it for a while now...

I wish my name was Chip. I had a Chip name tag when I poured wine, loved it. Imagine where I would be if my name was Chip.. Thanks, Mom.

Olympic hockey arenas are also bigger.

As a Devils fan I had no problem with that style of play...

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

This has nothing to do with what you posted, but I've wanted to say it for a while now...

I wish my name was Chip. I had a Chip name tag when I poured wine, loved it. Imagine where I would be if my name was Chip.. Thanks, Mom.

I hated it growing up, pretty much still hate it now. But it is what it is. So yes, I often found myself saying thanks Mom.

Why I kept it for my ID on these sites? I have no idea. Was using my initials way back in the day, and when I finally met the board celebrities in 2001, I hated referring to myself by my initials. So here we are.

Oh, and f Pitt and f Georgetown and f pretty much everyone else who isn't Syracuse.

This game is just gawd awful. They should burn incense to cleanse the Garden of the putrid smell when it's over.