GTown opens -1.5 over Syracuse... | Syracusefan.com

GTown opens -1.5 over Syracuse...

690West

Moneyline Master
"it's hard to beat a team 3 times in a season" ?

I'd love to be wrong but that line seems light to me by at least three points.

Before the last two days, yes. But after the last two days, it shouldn't be much more than a pickem. We aren't the team that lost by 38 to them...I think :)

I put it all on Pitt today so time to put whatever I can sell on ebay on Gtown to continue the reverse jinx

"it's hard to beat a team 3 times in a season" ?

Just off the top of my head- I could be wrong- Gtown beat us three times in 1987 (wouldn't we settle for that scenario again?) and we beat PC three times also in 1987.

I'm shocked at that line, pleasantly shocked, but still shocked.

Based on head to head play, there is no way to justify that line.

I'll take it as a sign that maybe I should be more optimistic than I am.

Wow - I would have put the line at Georgetown -5.5 or so.

I put it all on Pitt today so time to put whatever I can sell on ebay on Gtown to continue the reverse jinx

HaHa... Love that and sometimes do it myself. Takes the edge off a loss when you put cash in your pocket.

Just off the top of my head- I could be wrong- Gtown beat us three times in 1987 (wouldn't we settle for that scenario again?) and we beat PC three times also in 1987.

We beat Yukon x3 just last year. This game tomorrow will be interesting. I thought the game at the dome was going to be an epic showdown, then I thought the game in DC was going to be a legendary showdown. Syracuse didn't even show up in either game. This game tomorrow is the Mother of All Showdowns. I just want us to actually play for real this time.

Should be Georgetown -8 or so, but we're still going to beat their a****

Line is quite surprising, keeping in mind Pitt was favored yesterday by 2.5. Southerland seems to play very well at the Garden and MCW is playing with confidence.

Not surprised. Still side by side in Kenpom (they finally pulled slightly ahead of us). We were -7 and +2 in the previous two meetings, meaning we would've been favored both times on a neutral court. +1.5 in MSG is actually a big (and justified) adjustment in G'town's favor based on those games. But it's not at all an overreaction to the last two days.

Jeff Sagarin somehow has SU as a 1 point favorite to win this game. I get computers and analytics they use, but Gtown has pounded us twice. I think we can win, but we should be atleast a 5 point underdog in this game.

Even 3 points is light considering the beat down they laid on us last time.

If we weren't absolutely horrid and flat offensively to start both games it's not inconceivable to think that we could've won BOTH games. Georgetown started out brutally cold in both games too, right? Certainly in Syracuse. We couldn't do anything to capitalize.

They must be figuring that JS stays hot from 3 and that Triche won't go into turtle mode like the last two games against GT.

you might be able to make a case to shave off .5 for SU home court . but georgie still gets an easy 4 points for higher ranking, past ten games and the two beatdowns they already laid on the cuse. factor in that syracuse in the BE tourney is shooting about 30% higher than they normally average from treytown.
personally wouldn't touch cuse unless it's -5 . bet smart . not with the heart.

you might be able to make a case to shave off .5 for SU home court . but georgie still gets an easy 4 points for higher ranking and the two beatdowns they already laid on the cuse. factor in that syracuse in the BE tourney is shooting about 30% higher than they average from treytown.
personally wouldn't touch cuse unless it's -5 . bet smart . not with the heart.

With a ridiculously low spread they are coaxing Gtown fans to throw down money. Problem is, how much can they wring out of 14 fans?

I'm hoping and praying and sacrificing small animals for a win. I would NOT bet against GT to cover this game.

Vegas isn't going to look at the poll rankings much, if at all, when they set the line. (They certainly aren't going to use it to determine the relative strength of the two teams).

SU and Gtown are really close in the advanced metrics that almost always closely track the lines Vegas comes up with. IT seems crazy the way the last 2 games have gone.

In 2005, UConn beat us twice in the regular season, including the final game of the regular season badly @Gampel. Syracuse beat them in the Big East Tournament when I didn't think we had a chance. The key to this game tonight is the first 10 minutes we got to get ahead of Georgetown by 5 points and force them to speed up their offense. When they are within 1 possession they grind every possession on offense we need to speed the tempo up and make Georgetown play a faster game, but I doubt we will so the game will depend on our guards pass the ball and deal with the Georgetown ball pressure,, and how much our bigs battle on the defensive boards. I thought our bigs did a GREAT job in the first half on the defensive glass yesterday and allowed us to stretch our lead we need the same effort tonight. Maybe try the small ball lineup a little Grant, Fair, Southerland, MCW, Triche.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom