Guard +/- vs. Buffalo | Syracusefan.com

Guard +/- vs. Buffalo

JOC44

You know how Boeheim do sometimes
I don’t want to harp on what everyone was able to see tonight, but here’s some numbers:

FIRST HALF

Girard: -9
Boeheim: -6
Richmond: -7

But the Boeheim/Richmond backcourt was only -2 in the first half:

Boeheim & Girard: -4
Girard & Richmond: -5
Boeheim & Richmond: -2

SECOND HALF

Girard: -1
Boeheim: +22
Richmond +23

Boeheim & Girard: -1
Boeheim & Richmond: +23

This team obviously needs Girard so we can have a decent three-guard rotation. My eyes tell me Joe will be better playing off the ball, where Richmond can drive and dish for threes that Joe can step into. I think the Richmond/Girard lineup didn’t work tonight because we only saw that combo in the first half and Griffin was terrible for that stretch. If our forwards can hit some threes, that creates more opportunities for our shooting guard (Buddy or Girard) to get open looks from three.

Last edited:
I think that Jackson and Kadary's big adventure could be a lot of fun, but yeah, those dudes are going to need a break, and Girard fits in really nicely next to both because he can allow either to play their best position.

Girard will figure it out. He's going to be the combo guard we need.

I don’t want to harp in what everyone was able to see tonight, but here’s some numbers:

FIRST HALF

SECOND HALF

Richmond +23

This team obviously needs Girard so we can have a decent. My eyes tell me Joe will be better playing off the ball, where Richmond can drive and dish for threes that Joe can step into. I think the Richmond/Girard lineup didn’t work tonight because we only saw that combo in the first half and Griffin was terrible for that stretch. If our forwards can hit some threes, that creates more opportunities for our shooting guard (Buddy or Girard) to get open looks from three.

As some of us have been saying, it’s been this case the whole season.
its not that close.

I don’t want to harp in what everyone was able to see tonight, but here’s some numbers:

FIRST HALF

SECOND HALF

Richmond +23

This team obviously needs Girard so we can have a decent. My eyes tell me Joe will be better playing off the ball, where Richmond can drive and dish for threes that Joe can step into. I think the Richmond/Girard lineup didn’t work tonight because we only saw that combo in the first half and Griffin was terrible for that stretch. If our forwards can hit some threes, that creates more opportunities for our shooting guard (Buddy or Girard) to get open looks from three.

It's not working yet because Kadary doesn't fully have the keys to the car when JGIII is out there. They need to fully make the move that JGIII is off the ball when Kadary is in there.

Again, said in another thread, JGIII's issue should be with Buddy's playing time, not Kadary's.

I think that Jackson and Kadary's big adventure could be a lot of fun, but yeah, those dudes are going to need a break, and Girard fits in really nicely next to both because he can allow either to play their best position.

Girard will figure it out. He's going to be the combo guard we need.
All of them are definitely valuable. It is boring/frustrating for this board, but it really doesn't matter who starts if all three guards are playing. It should make for dozens of fun threads though.

All of them are definitely valuable. It is boring/frustrating for this board, but it really doesn't matter who starts if all three guards are playing. It should make for dozens of fun threads though.

i don’t 100% Disagree...BUT

we can’t continue to be down early and lose ground after half. It’s now becoming a trend

IDK why people harp on the starting issue. I like kadary coming off the bench, he gets to sit next to jb and get a feel for the game and then he goes in ala Dion in 2012

Kadary needs to attack the basket more. Too many half drives, then backs off and defers. Teams will figure that out and they won’t leave the shooter.

once he shows more aggressiveness, that’s when the wings open up.

I actually think the guy that will benefit from Kadary will be AG. His defender is most likely going to be in a position to help.

Kadary is also much better in transition than the half count offensively.

he’s still got a lot to learn, but his skills and vision are great. Not a great FT shooter though.

Kadary needs to attack the basket more. Too many half drives, then backs off and defers. Teams will figure that out and they won’t leave the shooter.

once he shows more aggressiveness, that’s when the wings open up.

I actually think the guy that will benefit from Kadary will be AG. His defender is most likely going to be in a position to help.

Kadary is also much better in transition than the half count offensively.

he’s still got a lot to learn, but his skills and vision are great. Not a great FT shooter though.
That’s all true, but he’s so far and away our best defensive guard. When’s the last time we regularly blocked three point attempts from up top? And he fights over picks and gets his hands on a lot of passes.

Pretty sure Boeheim finally read this forum before the game and then again at halftime.
/not
Poor JGIII. Transfer to D3 school?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom