Guarding the inbounder | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Guarding the inbounder

dont forget kentucky was playing man and doubled the guy who caught it but both played behind him.

bad defense doesnt make it wrong, just bad defense.

had they guarded hill you dont think he pumps once runs around the dude and still lobs it into laettner.
I think it's a less accurate pass. Laettner barely had to move to catch it. If he has to move to the side or come farther away from the baskerball his momemtum may not allow him to gather himself and take that dribble before turning to shoot.

I don't believe that is correct. That was always a tech when I was young. I don't know any reason they would have changed that rule.

They haven't changed it, they just don't enforce it. Like hanging on the rim in order to make a basket (something Chukwu's done like 3 times already this year). It's an automatic tech, but they've just been calling it offensive basket interference and moving on.

College basketball, where rules are ignored and individual refs' whims carry the day. Lotsa fun.

Gtown did not have to pass all the way to half court with 2.8 seconds left, that's enough time for a couple short passes and a few dribbles. In that situation, I'd rather have the extra defender back to jump passing lanes.

Put me on the side of guarding the inbounder. I'll take my chances with a guy trying to throw a pass over a 7 footer waving his arms than a clear path. besides, the extra guy usually just tries to stay out of the way and not commit a foul, anyway.

Last edited:
They haven't changed it, they just don't enforce it. Like hanging on the rim in order to make a basket (something Chukwu's done like 3 times already this year). It's an automatic tech, but they've just been calling it offensive basket interference and moving on.

College basketball, where rules are ignored and individual refs' whims carry the day. Lotsa fun.
IIRC, the hanging in the rim technical has been changed. You can hang onto it for "safety reasons", like if anyone is under you. I think what it takes for them to give you a "T" for now is doing what amounts to a pull up on the rim.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom