Guess Rak's Lottery Pick Number | Syracusefan.com

Guess Rak's Lottery Pick Number

orange2win

2nd String
Over the years eight (8) SU centers have made it into the NBA - B. Smith (71), D. Schayes (81), R. Seikaly (88), L. Ellis (91), E. Thomas (01), D. Watkins (07), F. Melo (12) and A. Onuaku (13).

If we consider a 100+ game duration in the pros as a reasonable cut-off, then we are down to just three.

SU Senior Year Stats

Schayes: 6'-11"; 235#; 14.6 PPG; 8.3 RPG; 2.2 BBG; drafted #13

Seikaly: 6'-11"; 230#; 16.3 PPG; 9.6 RPG; 2.4 BPG; drafted #9

Thomas; 6'-9"; 256#; 13.6 PPG; 7.5 RPG; 3.3 BPG; drafted #12

Christmas: 6'-9"; 250#; 18.4 PPG; 9.0 RPG; 2.0 BPG; (through 21 games)

Are there still 30 teams in the NBA?

I'll say somewhere by a playoff team, so my guess with be 25th

Christmas is a truly great college player right now, now correct me if im wrong but im having trouble seeing how he would be effective in the NBA. Christmas is small, he has the body of a 4 but can only play the 5. In European leagues he may thrive, but in the NBA where he will have to contend with big and skilled bodies all day long, im just not seeing a team try to pick him up in even the first round.

I dont see him as a 1st rounder. He is only effective in college when getting the ball inside of 5 ft. And that probably isnt going to work in the NBA.

People here underestimate his athletic ability. Rakim could fill a valuable bench role for a playoff team. Sure, he's not going to be able to hang with Cousins or Marc Gasol for 40 minutes, but he can be very similar to the Plumlees.

Lets not forget in the NBA he will not be the focal point of the defense. Right now he is shooting close to 60% and much of its against double teams and often double teams with a guard raking down. He forces a lot of shots because we need him to but 1on1 with the ball from 10' or closer and no double he has got to be around 75% which is almost automatic. There are plenty of 2nd unit undersized 4's and 5's in the NBA and Okafor will be the 1st pick this year who's only an inch taller. This he's too small argument is a bit bogus IMO.

Last edited:
Can Roc become Kenneth Faried? Similar games and body types.

somewhere in the high 20s, low 30s. As always will depend on crop of foreign players available plus how many young guys come out early.

Late 1st/Early 2nd with a little wiggle room to move if he shows wells against Okafor and Harrell

His age will keep him out of the top half of the 1st.

High second round...Did Leron Ellis really not make it 100 games?

-55-Christmas-Ornament.jpg

25K because Christmas

Can Roc become Kenneth Faried? Similar games and body types.

I don't see Faried; I do't think Rak will ever be that type of an energy guy, but he also has much more of an offensive game

High second round...Did Leron Ellis really not make it 100 games?

Surprising right? He played 91 games, which puts him in 4th place. And here are his SU senior year numbers:

Ellis: 6'-9"; 225#; 11.1 PPG; 7.7 RPG; 2.5 BPG; drafted #22

Last edited:
Rak will go 19th or better. That's my prediction.

He has elevated his game so much it is frightening. That baby hook will work in the NBA.

As his mid-range jumper continues to develop, he could easily play the 4 in the NBA.

He will be one of the Celtics 3 first round picks. #22