Guess who Notre Dame plays twice in first 3 years of ACC schedule | Syracusefan.com

Guess who Notre Dame plays twice in first 3 years of ACC schedule

arbitragegls

All Conference
...Its 'Cuse; that is right...2014 at MetLife and in 2016 in the Dome...WOW.--HEADS up:
Have just heard that both will be at Metlife..apparently ESPN has it wrong...nonetheless...twice in two years is terrific.

Pitt and BC lost games...'Cuse got to keep its two scheduled games vs. Notre Dame in '14 and '16...going to be good to be in the ACC:

From Andrea Adelson: ESPN
As for some of the games that had already been on the Irish schedule, Notre Dame was able to keep its two-game series with Syracuse intact. The Orange are actually the only one of the 14 ACC teams that will play Notre Dame twice in this three-year cycle. But, as expected, Pitt and BC will lose games previously set.

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/post/_/id/78354/future-nd-acc-schedules-a-win-for-all

Stand-by for info on the ACC Network which will be coming soon...it is good to be 'Cuse!

...Its 'Cuse; that is right...2014 at MetLife and in 2016 in the Dome...WOW.

Pitt and BC lost games...'Cuse got to keep its two scheduled games vs. Notre Dame in '14 and '16...going to be good to be in the ACC:

As for some of the games that had already been on the Irish schedule, Notre Dame was able to keep its two-game series with Syracuse intact. The Orange are actually the only one of the 14 ACC teams that will play Notre Dame twice in this three-year cycle. But, as expected, Pitt and BC will lose games previously set.

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/post/_/id/78354/future-nd-acc-schedules-a-win-for-all

Stand-by for info on the ACC Network which will be coming soon...it is good to be 'Cuse!
sometimes, good things come to those that are patient and pure 'Cuse fans...

Should be 1 in the Dome and one at Metlife, ridiculous that Syracuse cant get a home game against a marquee OOC opponent, very dissapointed.

Agreed. The only thing that has changed, is that we wait longer to go to South Bend . Notre dame will not be in the Dome this decade. Net loss IMO.

Agreed. The only thing that has changed, is that we wait longer to go to South Bend . Notre dame will not be in the Dome this decade. Net loss IMO.

Guys...this opens up an extra home game...if both away games to South Bend are off. Not a bad deal in my mind. Just treat your ND game as your fun weekend in the City.

Bottomline: Until we show we can put 49k in the Dome for a big team we won't get too many marquee OOC games. I've been traveling to Cuse games for 30 friggin years and the CNY mentality at times is so provincial.

We have a MetLife contract and I'm sure the University wants to make it work...we are all part of the solution to help make it work and fill the Dome for the other 13 ACC teams...getting FSU, Clemson, Miami, VTech, GTech, etc...is a pretty damn good tradeoff.

As long as we have 6 (at least) games in the Dome every year, I view the NYC games as a mid-season bowl game in our backyard. Add one more end of year bowl game, and I'm a happy guy. We will have no shortage of top opponents... On the road AND in the. Dome.

Guys...this opens up an extra home game...if both away games to South Bend are off. Not a bad deal in my mind. Just treat your ND game as your fun weekend in the City.

Bottomline: Until we show we can put 49k in the Dome for a big team we won't get too many marquee OOC games. I've been traveling to Cuse games for 30 friggin years and the CNY mentality at times is so provincial.

We have a MetLife contract and I'm sure the University wants to make it work...we are all part of the solution to help make it work and fill the Dome for the other 13 ACC teams...getting FSU, Clemson, Miami, VTech, GTech, etc...is a pretty damn good tradeoff.

Don't get me wrong, I love the Metlife games. I'm 18-20 mins away, front door to parking lot (L7). I just feel the Met-Life games should be leveraged for 1-1-1 agreements.

...Its 'Cuse; that is right...2014 at MetLife and in 2016 in the Dome...WOW.--HEADS up:
Have just heard from Alsacs that he heard from our good Dr. Gross that both will be at Metlife..apparently ESPN has it wrong...nonetheless...twice in two years is terrific.

It's being reported that Syracuse actually may also have two games in South Bend in '15 and '17. That would mean that in those years Notre Dame would be playing 6 ACC games. http://www.syracuse.com/orangefootball/index.ssf/2013/04/football_series_between_notre.html

Well that sucks. Mr Poles can tell dr gross that this fan will not be traveling to met life to see Syracuse until the marquee teams come back to the dome. .

I don't care about the 'take' from a meAdowlands game just like I know gross could give two shts what some loser fan thinks but if one nd game isn't played in the dome then I'm not going. Ill take my ball and go home oh well.

Well that sucks. Mr Poles can tell dr gross that this fan will not be traveling to met life to see Syracuse until the marquee teams come back to the dome. .

I don't care about the 'take' from a meAdowlands game just like I know gross could give two shts what some loser fan thinks but if one nd game isn't played in the dome then I'm not going. Ill take my ball and go home oh well.
so you care more about the team on the other side of the ball than the team we all support?

change your avatar to #softnosed

I agree these MetLife games are pure BS. Home games should be in the dome period. ND would sellout. I have no doubt.

I agree these MetLife games are pure BS. Home games should be in the dome period. ND would sellout. I have no doubt.
It would be like PSU 2008, and there would be more ND fans there than SU fans. It would be embarrassing.

I, for one, am shocked that we got to keep both MetLife games.

Cheers,
Neil

Push the 2015 and 2017 games back a few years, play one in South Bend and the other in Syracuse.

Beating ND in a packed MetLife Stadium on national television will do far more for the program than playing and beating them in a sold out Carrier Dome. Just the way it is for now.

It would be like PSU 2008, and there would be more ND fans there than SU fans. It would be embarrassing.
2008 SU football was at its nadir 2013 SU football is nothing like 2008. If we played ND at the Dome it would be it was in 2003 when it was the last time ND played at the Dome and it was the last time the Dome was completely soldout at 49.5k and that crowd for that game was 70-80% SU fans it was not like it was for Penn State in 2008 when Syracuse was 0-2 and coming off the embarrassing Akron performance and 1 week before the embarrassing Gameday piece on Greg Robinson.
If SU played ND at the Dome it would not be like it was for 2008 Penn State and if you want to mock that how is that anymore embarrassing than playing a "home" game at Metlife and having 50k ND fans and 30k SU fans? That is just as embarrassing and don't think the announcers won't say something to the effect boy ND has turned this SU home game into a home game for the Irish. The only reason we are playing these ND games at Metlife is Dr. Gross is a man of word he told me that he agreed to this deal and was honoring the agreement he wasn't happy about it but he is honoring what he agreed too.

Beating ND in a packed MetLife Stadium on national television will do far more for the program than playing and beating them in a sold out Carrier Dome. Just the way it is for now.
If SU plays ND it will always be on national TV what the F makes it better to beat them in NYC than at home? Why is it that way now.
People freaking USF signed home and homes with Wisconsin and Maryland today we DON'T NEED TO WH**E OURSELVES out. We can get quality teams in home and homes and not make SU look small time. Again, we are going to play these 2 ND games at Metlife because of a contract Dr. Gross signed and doesn't want to repudiate and the rest of our contracted Metlife games will probably be lower level non-conference opponents or ACC Atlantic opponents.

Last SU and ND game at the dome, SU was bad and there were about 40 thousand there and by far the majority were SU fans.

A-freakin-men to this. The whining gets exhausting doesn't it?
Yeah, let's alienate the people who have stayed with the program after the disastrous Greg Robinson era and want to call out a s#itty deal. My god, sometimes people have a right to bitch jeez, complaining about everything is wrong, but if PhatOrange wants to vent he has a right and the fact people want to shut these people down is a joke. The ND series is A JOKE no IFs ANs or BUTs about it. If people are giving up their money to support the program they have a right to complain, if you think whining about this is exhausting pay for his tickets and then he can shut up. I expect Syracuse to play a good schedule I will always support Syracuse and buy season tickets but if we play a bunch of uninteresting games I won't be happy when a game that interests me gets moved 200 miles away AND it isn't part of my season ticket package and that game is suppose to be a "home" game. If people want to bitch about this they are entitled too people can either agree or disagree but the dog eat dog mentality of those don't have a problem with it is annoying and exhausting.

Fun Fact: Cuse had a 2 game series with Notre Dame in 1961 and 1963

One game in South Bend and one game in NYC hmmmm

Wonder if we had pissy fans then?
Mark your in my top 3 favorite people on this board, but you and I completely disagree on this one. We have played Ohio State, Michigan, Florida, Florida State, Texas in home and homes as well with our home game on campus.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom