gulley RS | Syracusefan.com

gulley RS

kcsu

Living Legend
Does Gulley get a medical RS? Also For Bees Tom or anyone in the know other than Devonte who seems to be waivering and Smallwood who is too small to be an every down back are we on any other RB's who have a chance to come in next year and contribute. At this point it doesnt look like we have anyone who can step up other than Gulley and i doubt a kid who is 180 pounds make it through the season. Huge concern that needs to be addressed.

Does Gulley get a medical RS? Also For Bees Tom or anyone in the know other than Devonte who seems to be waivering and Smallwood who is too small to be an every down back are we on any other RB's who have a chance to come in next year and contribute. At this point it doesnt look like we have anyone who can step up other than Gulley and i doubt a kid who is 180 pounds make it through the season. Huge concern that needs to be addressed.

Did you forget about Adonis Ameen Moore?

PTG only played 4 games this season. I believe he's eligible.

I think everyone is, or assuming he's going to suck before he steps out on the field.

PTG only played 4 games this season. I believe he's eligible.

Do we know the % games played that doesn't allow for a RS? I don't know what it is now but it used to be 25% which he is over.

Do we know the % games played that doesn't allow for a RS? I don't know what it is now but it used to be 25% which he is over.

Just looked it up. For a medical RS you have to have played in less than 30% of the games. So Gulley would not be eligible for a medical RS having played in 33% unless a bowl game counts which it then becomes 30.7% and I don't know how they do the rounding nor if it is less than or less than or equal too. I'm going to guess he cant RS.

I believe it's 30%

Which unfortunately means Gulley loses the year and will enter 2012 as a true junior.

That sucks.

No not at all. Being from CO and having watched him play a few times im shocked that he hasnt seen significant time. He is smart and runs with power vision and surprising speed. Something tells me DM is trying to get him in shape or that DM has him in the dog house for some reason. I can tell you this if he has been in the game we wouldnt be worrying about 4th and inches. Still he is only one back and we need more than AAM to make it through next year. Sure hope we hang onto Devonte and bring in a Juco or prep

Just looked it up. For a medical RS you have to have played in less than 30% of the games. So Gulley would not be eligible for a medical RS having played in 33% unless a bowl game counts which it then becomes 30.7% and I don't know how they do the rounding nor if it is less than or less than or equal too. I'm going to guess he cant RS.

Taj Smith was injured in Game 4 and was granted his RS.

HEY - why is OE 2nd string and I'm only scout team? :D

Where did you read that Devonte was waivering?

No not at all. Being from CO and having watched him play a few times im shocked that he hasnt seen significant time. He is smart and runs with power vision and surprising speed. Something tells me DM is trying to get him in shape or that DM has him in the dog house for some reason. I can tell you this if he has been in the game we wouldnt be worrying about 4th and inches. Still he is only one back and we need more than AAM to make it through next year. Sure hope we hang onto Devonte and bring in a Juco or prep

I have a feeling we may see him this weekend

The coachiung staff is redshirting him because they want him to lose some weight and work on his conditioing. He is going to be our going to be a stud at the RB position over the next four years. He will be wearing the #44 in his senior year !!!!

Have it on good word that AD is in very good shape now. He has worked extremely hard, showing up early to practice and running reps on the side when he's not "running real reps", etc. He's lost a lot of weight and his stamina is good. You're right about the short yardage situations, we wouldn't have to worry at all with him getting those crucial yards. He's not in DM's dog house either, so there's something else going on...

RS is 30% of games . so 12 x .30 = 3.6 rounded up to 4 games..

(AAM)...He's not in DM's dog house either, so there's something else going on...

Maybe he's simply just a Frosh and still learning his roles in the system?

From what I've gleaned from post-practice comments, etc., I don't think that his running capabilities are in question...

Perhaps coaches aren't happy quite yet with where he's at with his pass blocking performance on pass plays???

That said, if this game taught us anything, we need better short yardage packages. Plain and simple.

I'd be surprised if AAM couldn't help us with that now... so maybe he is being RS's purposely?

Have it on good word that AD is in very good shape now. He has worked extremely hard, showing up early to practice and running reps on the side when he's not "running real reps", etc. He's lost a lot of weight and his stamina is good. You're right about the short yardage situations, we wouldn't have to worry at all with him getting those crucial yards. He's not in DM's dog house either, so there's something else going on...

I was thinking that with the pressure Rutgers brings that it was probably a tough spot trying to put the inexperienced AAM into the game. Usually blocking and protection schemes are the things that limit young RB's and exposing him to that may have been setting him up for failure and Nassib to get killed. Just my speculation though for why he didn't play in this game if they do end up playing him next game.

The coachiung staff is redshirting him because they want him to lose some weight and work on his conditioing. He is going to be our going to be a stud at the RB position over the next four years. He will be wearing the #44 in his senior year !!!!

According to suathletics, Moore has already played, which means he cannot redshirt.

Of course, suathletics isn't the most accurate source on the planet (according to them, Marcus Sales made his season debut yesterday), but that's all we have, so...

I was thinking that with the pressure Rutgers brings that it was probably a tough spot trying to put the inexperienced AAM into the game. Usually blocking and protection schemes are the things that limit young RB's and exposing him to that may have been setting him up for failure and Nassib to get killed. Just my speculation though for why he didn't play in this game if they do end up playing him next game.
I hear ya O. Then Hackett shouldn't go on local radio telling everyone he's playing, knowing full well what type of pass rush Rutgers brings, etc. And Hackett can't claim the "it wasn't the right situation", because they were in the perfect short yardage situations to use him. Oh well, we'll see if they use him for Toledo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom