Gulley | Syracusefan.com

Gulley

Ithacaorange

Scout Team
i must have missed this if discussed so i apologize, but on nolan's Q&A it mentioned gulley's injury being non-football ? he fell? anybody have any color?

if first he gets stabbed 20 times, then falls post-game, which is kept hush-hush... What, kid owes the coaches and teammates an explanation.

Weightlifting accident. Always use a spotter.

ask that kid from USC who had the barbell fall on his neck while benching. :eek:

i must have missed this if discussed so i apologize, but on nolan's Q&A it mentioned gulley's injury being non-football ? he fell? anybody have any color?

if first he gets stabbed 20 times, then falls post-game, which is kept hush-hush... What, kid owes the coaches and teammates an explanation.

Owes an explanation? I think the coaches and players know what happened, and he doesn't owe you . People get hurt. Clint Barmes fell down the stairs and broke his collarbone bringing in the groceries 5 or so years ago. Stuff happens and it's none of your business.

Not sure what him getting stabbed THREE times has to do with anything but way to come off irrational.

hey bnoro- what i meant was if it has anything to do with him not behaving himself, then he has let his teammates and coaches down again. if it was not from him doing something he was not supposed to be doing, it would have been disclosed. and he does owe me an explanation, i donate thousands of dollars into the ernie davis fund for recruiting, so i think i have a right to know when i guy who i may have paid for the coaches to fly out and see, etc.. completely fu$ks up and lets his temmates and coaches down.

ask that kid from USC who had the barbell fall on his neck while benching. :eek:

He had a spotter though I think. Good thing though b/c otherwise he would have been dead. I'm surprised this doesn't happen more often, especially in H.S.

hey bnoro- what i meant was if it has anything to do with him not behaving himself, then he has let his teammates and coaches down again. if it was not from him doing something he was not supposed to be doing, it would have been disclosed. and he does owe me an explanation, i donate thousands of dollars into the ernie davis fund for recruiting, so i think i have a right to know when i guy who i may have paid for the coaches to fly out and see, etc.. completely fu$ks up and lets his temmates and coaches down.

Hey Mr. exposed nerve ending, it had nothing to do with behaving badly. And, no, you have no need or right to know.

Weightlifting accident. Always use a spotter.
then what was the issue? you guys seem to know so much..

6244125123_5f65e4a339_b.jpg

Then why wasn't there a release from su athletics if it was fball related, like when hickey went down for the season?

Then why wasn't there a release from su athletics if it was fball related, like when hickey went down for the season?
Because players have the same rights as everyone else when it comes to disclosing injuries. Its a thing called confidentiality.

Donating money doesn't guarantee you full access to all details of each players life. If you need to know, stop by the football office and ask Marrone, someone else on the staff, or Gulley himself. Then you can personally voice your displeasure that Gulley has once again let the entire SU football program and fans down.

marrone has not been releasing any info on the teams injuries as other teams in the big east started this trend
In accord with HIPPA regulations.

Gulley is going to be a monster next year. I predict he will end up being the most dynamic playmaker Syracuse has seen in a very long time. If he can get himself into the 190 pound range and keep his speed and quickness watch out. I think the kid has great vision. Hope he comes back strong next year too bad he had to slip while chasing the kid who shot him:)

[COLOR=#000000 said:
i donate thousands of dollars into the ernie davis fund for recruiting, so i think i have a right to know when i guy who i may have paid for the coaches to fly out and see, etc.. completely fu$ks up and lets his temmates and coaches down.[/COLOR].

You.

Are.

Awesome.

I donate thousands as well. But punch me in the face if I start acting like this ^^^^^^

Living up to that high standard set by Ernie Davis, too, I see.

In accord with HIPPA regulations.

Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act = HIPAA

As for the IthacaOrange guy, know that Kim Jong sometimes takes a harsh view on namecalling. Can we keep this civil?

As has been stated, the players and the coaches OWE you nothing RE: protected health information (PHI as HIPAA calls it) which is exactly what that knowledge you are seeking is. As a matter of fact, disclosing such information is illegal. Work in ANY faction of healthcare and HIPAA is beaten into you ad nauseum.

Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act = HIPAA

As for the IthacaOrange guy, know that Kim Jong sometimes takes a harsh view on namecalling. Can we keep this civil?

As has been stated, the players and the coaches OWE you nothing RE: protected health information (PHI as HIPAA calls it) which is exactly what that knowledge you are seeking is. As a matter of fact, disclosing such information is illegal. Work in ANY faction of healthcare and HIPAA is beaten into you ad nauseum.

Exactly. Every football program in the country is bound by law to protect the medical privacy of their students, which includes members of sports teams. Regardless of the law, releasing detailed medical info for a player like Jones could have major consequences that affect his draft standing and consequently, millions of dollars of lost income. Why would a school want to do that to one of its players?

Yep. I work at the D3 level so it's different, but I'm not allowed to ever, ever mention in any of my season previews or press releases that a player has even been injured, let alone what kind of injury they've sustained.