Gus Johnson and Jim Jackson on the call tomorrow. | Syracusefan.com

Gus Johnson and Jim Jackson on the call tomorrow.

Is Gus Johnson of "Rick the Ruler" fame?

Why do I cringe during Orange games when Gus is screaming..."another 3, YESSSSSSSSSSSS! and Boeheim calls a timeout"

Gus Johnson could be good for us.. We will sadly be the underdog and that is how he breads his butter. Syracuse FOOOOOR THE WIIIN.

Have we ever had a game on the regular Fox channel before? I know we have on Fox Sports 1.

I like Gus. He has passion and he calls wild games. This could be an upset brewing...

I like Gus. He has passion and he calls wild games. This could be an upset brewing...

He yells all the time. Way too much.

this game wont be for the faint of heart. it is a fox production, their contract is with the big east, and they don't pretend to be impartial. it is going to be bad. I mean like Gerry's senior year on the road against foye, lowry, nardi bad. 20-2 to start bad.

right after Sorrentine hit one from the parking lot I broke stuff

Maybe BJ will hit one from the turnpike??

HoustonCuse said:
Maybe BJ will hit one from the turnpike??

He can't hit one from 15 out.

kirbivore said:
right after Sorrentine hit one from the parking lot I broke stuff

Ehhhh, I can't hate him for that call. I mean what Vermont did was amazing and the fact Sorrentine had the gull to shoot from that deep and actually make it in that situation I'd expect the announcers to go crazy.

How these guys announce has no baring on the game, the only thing the players can do is play well and that'll shut them up.

the hiring of Jimmy Jackson just proves that these networks will give a job to ANYONE

Was better than listening to Doris Burke and all other ESPN commentators that only talk about how to beat the zone. And how good of a job the other team is doing.

Gus was his bombastic and fact-challenged self today, but I thought Jim Jackson was good today. Can't recall hearing him before, but he's informative.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom