Guys, whats the deal | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Guys, whats the deal

UConn is such a weird program though since their 04 title. Feast or famine. 2nd round, Elite 8, no post season, 1st round, Final Four, NIT, National Champion, 1st round, and banned from the Tournament (though probably either NIT or no post season).

I personally think they have the roster to have a steady 24-7 type 4-seedish season. Teams with high-level guard play always are dangerous in a one-and-done tournament.

And I definitely don't think Napier is the best player in college basketball, but he could certainly be an All-American. He's averaging 15.0 ppg, 6.8 rpg, 6.1 apg, 2.1 spg, 47% from the field and 51% from three. Those are incredible numbers for a college point guard.

We'll see. I'm not buying this "Napier is the best player in college basketball" narrative. I'd take Fair, Grant and Ennis over him any day. He's the only consistent player on their team and unless they get a favorable draw I'm not seeing them out of the 2nd round - as of now. They very well could come together and make a run but their 2012 team had a ton of talent that never came together, so not guaranteed this team will. You would expect more from a team with a bunch of upperclassmen.

UConn is such a weird program though since their 04 title. Feast or famine. 2nd round, Elite 8, no post season, 1st round, Final Four, NIT, National Champion, 1st round, and banned from the Tournament (though probably either NIT or no post season).
Nothing's ever guaranteed with college basketball. Before we chastise UConn for inconsistency we should look at our performance in the tournament following our NC: Loss in Sweet 16, 1st round loss, 1st round loss (had to win the BET to make it to the dance), NIT, NIT, Sweet 16 loss, Sweet 16 loss, Sweet 16 loss, Elite 8 loss, Final 4 loss. They can at least lay claim to another NC.

As to the question in the OP, they were a major rival for over 15 years. That doesn't die immediately. This isn't the same as the Rutgers obsession on the football side.

I'm generally not very good at trolling for likes, so right now I am trolling for a like thread...the one thing that seems to work for me :)

If I was back in dome range, I think I might pull a 317 myself so the like thread saga could be reborn.

Because as much as people on here hate to admit it, UConn had become THE rival. I can't remember the last G'town thread I seen in here.
Actually in my world 1A and 1b for rivals were UConn and Pitt
1b, c and d were Gtown Nova and 'Ville
the rest were , well, just there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors