GW leading UVA midway throught the 2nd half 48-44 | Syracusefan.com

GW leading UVA midway throught the 2nd half 48-44

SUfanNC said:
Is today the 24 hours of ball?

Yes

GW about to win. Cavanaugh has 18 and 8/8 from the line.

GW officially had the worst court rushing of all time.

Uva loses to a mid major picked 4th in their conference... mulligan for uva

Who cares about RPI in November? All this says is these teams that are so called better than us according to the experts, really aren't as good as everyone thought. Virginia looked like Brogdon and not much else to me. There defense was also weaker. I actually think we have more offensive weapons than they do.

hmm, PACK LINE not quite ready for primetime

(I write it like that because of the way it's now referred to as some impenetrable, other-worldly creation)

Who cares about RPI in November? All this says is these teams that are so called better than us according to the experts, really aren't as good as everyone thought. Virginia looked like Brogdon and not much else to me. There defense was also weaker. I actually think we have more offensive weapons than they do.

I don't buy it. When we play these type (UVa) teams it is like Godzilla v King Kong, when either of us play these mid or low major games it is like King Kong swatting at bi-planes. Totally different and not really comparable.

So far that is at least two teams that we all recognized as incredibly overrated in the preseason that have lost very early. How is it that the pundits can't recognize that UVA and Wisconsin were going to have problems early on this year. They lost so much, it would have been more of a shock if they didn't take a step back. Notre Dame, you're on the clock. That being said, Bo Ryan and Tony Bennett are great coaches who will have their teams much better by the end of the year.

So far that is at least two teams that we all recognized as incredibly overrated in the preseason that have lost very early. How is it that the pundits can't recognize that UVA and Wisconsin were going to have problems early on this year. They lost so much, it would have been more of a shock if they didn't take a step back. Notre Dame, you're on the clock. That being said, Bo Ryan and Tony Bennett are great coaches who will have their teams much better by the end of the year.

I thought the pre-season ratings are a prediction of end of season finish, not a snapshot of current strength.

PoppyHart said:
I thought the pre-season ratings are a prediction of end of season finish, not a snapshot of current strength.

Are they? I suppose, but then they are immediately garbage after the first month of the season. I think Wisconsin and Virginia will be better at the end of the season, but Virginia is not #6 in the nation this year.

Are they? I suppose, but then they are immediately garbage after the first month of the season. I think Wisconsin and Virginia will be better at the end of the season, but Virginia is not #6 in the nation this year.
eh I think it made sense for them to be regarded as top-10 entering the season with 4 starters returning and possible AA in Brogdan - but certainly losing Anderson and Atkins is bigger than most thought... Wisconsin on the other hand...

They have one scorer. New defensive rules will hurt them IMO.