Hackett has to go | Syracusefan.com

Hackett has to go

Rocco

Watching you.
When you run 2 run plays against a good Run D, you will likely have 3rd and long.

Yes because the playcalling has nothing to do with the fact that you have a QB that can only complete passes to the other team.

Your thread is a joke, right?

Yes because the playcalling has nothing to do with the fact that you have a QB that can only complete passes to the other team.

Exactly! You tell me that Nassib is the best QB SU has - give me a break. Time to start going in another direction.

did nasssib forget how to throw?man he looks putrid at best

This has nothing to do with Nassib... hes trying to force feed rushing the ball against a stout Rush D... NASSIB BLOWS I know... but he will begin to make good throws

No it isn't. The fact that Nassib has missed throws this game doesnt make it right to continue to run the ball up the gut.

if marrone is scared to replace ryan because he has no one else- this doesnt speak well of his recruiting-

if he does have a kid lets get him going so we have a qb next

Not blaming Nassib is called not watching the game. As soon as he starts completing passes we throw the ball more and score a TD. This is pretty simple stuff.

blaming nassib is criminal. hackett is atrocious.
hackett got aggressive 18 plays too late... nassib missed about 5 throws in the first few drives...

And almost threw a pick 6 and threw another ball too high to Graham. There is a reason we have to try to run the ball at times.

Explain how you call an aggressive game when your QB is making throws and your going 3 and out. Doesn't make any sense.

And almost threw a pick 6 and threw another ball too high to Graham. There is a reason we have to try to run the ball at times.

Explain how you call an aggressive game when your QB is making throws and your going 3 and out. Doesn't make any sense.
Dorian needs to make that catch...not putting that one on Ryan.

From section 220 at The Rent, this has been much more on Nassib than hackett, although both have gotten better as the half progressed. I'm thankful every day that Johnny McEntee isn't our QB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We need to play to win. Period we do not have a running game at all. We need to pass and keep passing. Uconn is built to stop the run. Also Ryan needs to tuck it in a few times. Last point is the kid really throws a brick. Not sure what he ate before the WV game because other than that he has been pretty poor. Guys are running open all over the field. Next point why are we throwing to the middle of the field so often. The seams are well covered today we need to roll ryan out and take the outs that are wide open

When you run 2 run plays against a good Run D, you will likely have 3rd and long.
SU has pretty much proven they will run the ball up the gut for a yard or 2 on every 1st down...it's like clockwork. What is frustrating is how many times i have seen 1 uconn defender run right through 2 of our O-lineman with ease. They blocking is suspect at best. This team is so frustrating to watch. If Nassib had more time, then we could pick apart their D, but Nassib's accuracy sucks that that huge advantage has been neutralized. I hate losing to all these 3-5 mediocre to crappy teams.

Just give me the win for now, become bowl eligible, and all will be well for the moment.

The problem is the same as its been all year not the oline not qb the running game has been terrible because bailey goes down when he is touched. When we had a good running back carter he took pressure off the passing game. Bailey is only good an alternative to a power back. He ends up with a lot of yards with one big burst, we need a back who can get 4 or 5 yards at a time to set up the pass.

The problem is the same as its been all year not the oline not qb the running game has been terrible because bailey goes down when he is touched. When we had a good running back carter he took pressure off the passing game. Bailey is only good an alternative to a power back. He ends up with a lot of yards with one big burst, we need a back who can get 4 or 5 yards at a time to set up the pass.

Bailey averages 4.6 yards per carry. Its the QB, not the tailback, not the coaching, etc.

Avg yards per carry are in Bailey's case not the total story he has a lot of long runs which bring his avg up. He has way to many carries where he gets 1 to 3 yards.

Avg yards per carry are in Bailey's case not the total story he has a lot of long runs which bring his avg up. He has way to many carries where he gets 1 to 3 yards.
exactly...

hackett opened it up after the first few series, which was nice to see. huge drops and poor throws caused this team to lose.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom