Hackett is Marrone's new boss. | Syracusefan.com

Hackett is Marrone's new boss.

Marrone will eventually relieve Bradley and all will be ok again.

CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora reports Nathaniel Hackett's promotion to offensive coordinator "paves the way" for Doug Marrone to take over as interim head coach.

Marrone was passed up at coordinator for Hackett, but Jacksonville is saving him for if/when Gus Bradley gets fired. Bradley's job security is week to week after scapegoating Greg Olson. Marrone managed a nine win season before overrating his interest and opting out of Buffalo. The Jaguars offensive line has been among the worst in the league under him, but Marrone is the in-house candidate to replace Bradley.

Source: Jason LaCanfora on Twitter
Oct 29 - 3:55 PM

How does Gus Bradley still have a job?

He won't on Jan 2nd. Makes little sense to fire him now. Season is over and no shot at the playoffs. Firing for the sake of firing at this point does nothing but cause more chaos.

Only thing an early firing does is let you start interviewing college coaches now. If Jax doesn't want to go with college coach route, then it makes no sense to fire Gus Bradley at this time.

Marrone will be the next HC there.

Not full time he won't. Maybe if they fire Gus soon, then Doug takes over for the reminder of the season but the offense has been terrible. The Qb has regressed...NOBODY on that offensive staff is keeping their job. There is a 0.0% chance Doug gets that Head Coaching Job in Jax beyond any interim title he may get

Marrone will be the next HC there.

Not full time he won't. Maybe if they fire Gus soon, then Doug takes over for the reminder of the season but the offense has been terrible. The Qb has regressed...NOBODY on that offensive staff is keeping their job. There is a 0.0% chance Doug gets that Head Coaching Job in Jax beyond any interim title he may get

Bump.

I mean I'm happy an SU guy like Doug gets a second chance but you can tell why Jacksonville is a bottom feeder team and has been for a decade plus and will continue to be moving forward.

You fire the current head coach because he didn't win enough and his #3 overall draft pick of a starting QB regressed and is getting worse year after year. So you promote from within? And from the same offensive staff that the QB was getting worse under? Makes no sense on any level and you understand why some franchises in the NFL are never good and it will be many many many years until they are good.

This is the same franchise that gave up 4 home games in 4 years to London because their attendance stinks. Well maybe because you are ripping off your fans by confusing hires like this and by giving games away on them each year so they feel short changed as NFL fans. Who the hell would spend money on this team to go to the games?

I understand why Doug took the job, he had too with his reputation the way it is and I hope he does well. But the organization is a dumpster fire, the owner is clueless, and some organizations are just destined to be bad so Doug has his work cut out for him to be successful if that is even possible in Jacksonville.

Shows you the power of a Bill Parcels recomendarecommedation.

I mean I'm happy an SU guy like Doug gets a second chance but you can tell why Jacksonville is a bottom feeder team and has been for a decade plus and will continue to be moving forward.

You fire the current head coach because he didn't win enough and his #3 overall draft pick of a starting QB regressed and is getting worse year after year. So you promote from within? And from the same offensive staff that the QB was getting worse under? Makes no sense on any level and you understand why some franchises in the NFL are never good and it will be many many many years until they are good.

This is the same franchise that gave up 4 home games in 4 years to London because their attendance stinks. Well maybe because you are ripping off your fans by confusing hires like this and by giving games away on them each year so they feel short changed as NFL fans. Who the hell would spend money on this team to go to the games?

I understand why Doug took the job, he had too with his reputation the way it is and I hope he does well. But the organization is a dumpster fire, the owner is clueless, and some organizations are just destined to be bad so Doug has his work cut out for him to be successful if that is even possible in Jacksonville.
Your schadenfreude is scrumptious . May I have more please.

You were 0.0% right.

That is something.

I hope all Orange do well, even baloney sandwich Doug.
Hope Lester gets the directional Michigan job as well. Not to forget Hackett.

I hope all Orange do well, even baloney sandwich Doug.
Hope Lester gets the directional Michigan job as well. Not to forget Hackett.

I'd imagine Hackett will be retained as OC. Would love to see Shaf get a look down there, but his defense is better suited for college ball.

I'd imagine Hackett will be retained as OC. Would love to see Shaf get a look down there, but his defense is better suited for college ball.
Not sure Shaf would want it.

Pure genius. Nothing but gems from you

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom