Hackett should be forced to walk home | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Hackett should be forced to walk home

1st down- You do realize that Hackett is the guy who called the plays that got the receivers wide open? Good Nassib throws for 4-5 td's today bad Nassib throws for 2. Todays Nassib throws for 1.
3rd down- Nassib did a poor job today holding the ball, locking onto 1 receiver and taking sacks. My college coach once made it a point to tell our qb "Son, if you have the time to duck or turn your back...you have enough time to throw the ball away."
Name one adjustment by Hackett today.

First of all nassibs over-throws had a lot to do with the wind today, and I don't want to hear about how bridgewater made nice throws downfield because he didn't, he had one downfield with no one near the wideout and another where he threw well behind the reciever but the db was. Out of position and the reciever cut back inside and ran it in.
So, you are saying we shouldn't have thrown the ball? Your adjustment would have been running the ball every play?

Secondly that has got to be some of worst playcalling I have ever seen, it was like hacket made no adjustments to the playcalling at the half and just kept calling the same bs plays for negative yardage he was calling in the first half hacket has had one game where he looked like he half knew what was going on and at this point it seems the exception and not the rule, I realize the line has to take some blame but when they pressure like that and you know line is getting beat you dial up a screen for.
This offensive line isn't built for screens. There is a reason Syracuse doesn't utilize them. And the 1 screen we ran, Chibane whiffed like crazy. We ran an end around. We ran 3 direct snaps to Bailey. From reading these diatribes, many posters want the offense to consist of end arounds, screens and direct snaps...

Grahm on the outside and let him loose in space, it keeps the defense honest and allows you to open up the playbook a little more seems pretty simple to me, unfortunately it seems like marrone and hacket are buddys so I don't see him getting fired but at what point does marrone say enough is enough and stop acting like its all the players not executing, coaches get paid to put the players in a position to succeed and I for one am not seeing it on the offensive side of the ball
Your right. The playcalling was the difference between this game and the West Virginia game. Tell me, how many negative yard runs did we have against West Virginia? How about dropped passes? How about poorly thrown balls?

Syracuse didn't execute today. It really is that simple...

- We ran on first down early, then went aerial to take shots downfield later in the game.

- To open the 2nd half, we featured the Express runs.

- Started the game by testing the inside of the Cardinals defense. As the game went on, most of the run plays were outside.

- Tried to do straight drop backs. After the first 2 series, went to more of moving Nassib around the pocket. Also utilized play action more heavily.

I am no fan of Hackett's but if I look at this without any bias he put players in a position to succeed. Nassib had a poor game...missed the read on the option (should have ran), shoveled a ball 1 yd (should have ran), missed open receivers, took unnecessary sacks. Are you guys saying this didn't happen? Not meaning to bash the kid...it just seems some people will bash a coach because we didn't win and while sometimes that may be appropriate today I beg to differ.

L'ville was sending extra men the entire game. That was their obvious game plan. The only SU consistency on O was the complete inability to handle the blitz.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom