Had a Friend From Tallahassee up for the Game Yesterday... | Syracusefan.com

Had a Friend From Tallahassee up for the Game Yesterday...

Ish88888

All American
I have seasons in 115, 3 rows off the field , on about the 38 yd. Great seats on the visitor's side. I had a buddy up from Fla, huge FSU fan. Some takeaways from the day:

1. My friend loved the dome. He was giddy about how close he was to his team and the sight lines of the dome . He was flabbergasted about the dome, c44, and the atmosphere on the hill prior . He is a huge sports fan and has been to alot of southern college fb venues .

2. In section 115, I felt like I was in Tallahassee , I was overcome by FSU fans that obviously purchased tickets from preferred SU ticket holders disgruntled and trying to unload a premium game to recover some of the season ticket $$$. Again, these preferred tix are > $100/ game in these seats and fans from FSU and Clemson will gladly pay to be close to their team.

3. It was great to see the student sections occupied with non student fans. I know the students are on break, but it might be time to reduce the "student section" and allow them 2 sections rather than 4. reduce availability and make students get to the dome to get a seat, work the supply/demand angle.

4. while its a bit frustrating to see FSU fans all over preferred seating, the juice in the dome was awesome and the FSU fans were great. alot of kids and they got close to their team and loved it. I dream of a time when we are significant , SU fans hold onto premium seating and the teams that travel well like FSU and Clemson fill on around us.

How come nobody on your side of the field ever stands up on third down when SU is on defense? I had great seats there once, but only for one season. Reason: very negative vibe if you showed any excitement or emotion on 3rd down. I know that it theoretically is the opponents' "home" side, but seriously, I have always wondered about this strange phenomenon--exactly the opposite of what happens on the SU home side.:noidea:

How come nobody on your side of the field ever stands up on third down when SU is on defense? I had great seats there once, but only for one season. Reason: very negative vibe if you showed any excitement or emotion on 3rd down. I know that it theoretically is the opponents' "home" side, but seriously, I have always wondered about this strange phenomenon--exactly the opposite of what happens on the SU home side.:noidea:
Upper level does stand and cheer but the lower bowl folks look like statues.

Sitting statues.

My focus is on the lower levels--so obvious. Glad to hear the uppers aren't downers!

My friend and I always stand and try and make it a domino affect. they are great seats and we encourage noise on defense .

Reactions: FAL
Agreed regarding student seats

Time to reduce the number allowed.

If more show than available they can be placed elsewhere.

Agree, make them sweat it and show up early to get some of the best seats in the house for peanuts.

Well there is a lady who lives near me has had her seasons for 87 consecutive years.She started going to the games with her dad.

My friend and I always stand and try and make it a domino affect. they are great seats and we encourage noise on defense .

You stand alone. Kudos for your efforts.

It's the damn 'silver hairs'. ;)