Had to have that win...and a couple things I'd like to see | Syracusefan.com

Had to have that win...and a couple things I'd like to see

Cuse_1999

2nd String
We have to hold serve at home against the middle and bottom of the ACC. Huge ups to Rak, Cooney, G and Roberson (big rebounds). Guys played their hearts out.

A couple things I'd like to see

1) At the end when they are obviously going to foul as soon as we inbound the ball, Joseph should be in over Patterson. Patterson is now 2-8 from the FT line on the season. Small sample, but VT and tonight he missed key ones. Without looking it up, I think Joseph is decent from the line. It seems JB trusts Patterson more late in the game and that's fine, but when they are going to foul immediately, Joseph should be in

2) When we are up 3 and there is under 35 seconds left and the other team has the ball, would it kill us to play man to man on that possession. At the end of regulation we gave up a wide open 3. The zone tends to do that more often than man to man. I know JB feels like over the long haul teams will not make the 3 at a high enough rate to kill us, but in a 1 shot situation, man to man may not yield a wide open one as often as the zone will.