Half court offense is marginal.,, | Syracusefan.com

Half court offense is marginal.,,

This game is going to come down to our press and maybe some half court traps. We can't generate enough offense in our half court game.

what half court offense? we haven't ran an offense in 10 years.

We don't get more scoring and action from our bigs, the rest of the season is going to be an replay of this game. Dunphy coached a beautiful game. (Of course, our abysmal free throw shooting made him look like coach of the year!).

We don't get more scoring and action from our bigs, the rest of the season is going to be an replay of this game. Dunphy coached a beautiful game. (Of course, our abysmal free throw shooting made him look like coach of the year!).
Rak needs to play for this to happen. Needs to work himself out of the dog house somehow. Agree with Dunphy though, he did an amazing job today.

MCW has crossed a line ..he is and should be the facilitator, but he has a tendency to hold the ball way too much. You can pass around the perimeter now and then. Dribbling around the perimeter and then driving and taking goofy shots in the paint shouldn't be his or our game.

The offense stagnates when MCW tries to be our offense. When he was driving and dishing inside (against weak opponents) it did lead to easy points. Either he can't do that against better teams or he forgot about that part of his game.

If he can't pass or finish when he drives it's time to adjust our half court offense.

Moving - on - offense - without - the - basketball.

Need more guys running around, setting picks, creating motion/movement instead of standing around & watching the man with the ball, hoping he will drive/do something to draw their defender to him so they get open.

As good as MCW (and even Triche) is at manipulating floor spacing to draw those extra defenders & then find the open man, that should not be the only way guys look to get open. Especially when teams notice and pack the middle to discourage the drive & kickout.

Moving - on - offense - without - the - basketball.

Need more guys running around, setting picks, creating motion/movement instead of standing around & watching the man with the ball, hoping he will drive/do something to draw their defender to him so they get open.

As good as MCW (and even Triche) is at manipulating floor spacing to draw those extra defenders & then find the open man, that should not be the only way guys look to get open. Especially when teams notice and pack the middle to discourage the drive & kickout.

An alarming amount of one on one today, and that isn't how we should be playing.

I don't know if it's a lack of effort by Rak and DC to get post position or Boeheim's philosophy, but it amazes me that they hardly ever post two guys that can be very effective down there.

Carter Williams is pressing too much on offense. He's not Dion. The sooner he realizes this the better we will be. He struggles finishing at and around the rim. Our offense becomes limited when Baye is in the game. It's almost like playing 4 on 5. Good teams are going to take James out of the game. We really need Brandon to become the scorer we know he can be. The reality is though, rebounding and foul shooting cost us this game. I'm more concerned with those pieces than I am our offense...

I wouldn't blame the bigs tonight. Awfully hard to run post up when you run 80 percent of your offense out of the high post cluttering the paint with defenders and weakside shotblockers. Southerland triche, cooney aren't ready to spread the defense from three(and with a pg like MCW).
We are the best midrange basketball offense in the country but to much is to much, it causes teams like temple to play like they did today when they have no pressure on their defense and channel it all into offense.

That was the difference in the game Temple ran consistant offense from driving passing midrange and posting up.
We ran consistant high post after triche missed his second three, and until temple got tired from our press and MCW was able to drive some. MCW getting his first taste at needing to be a score first point guard and going 3-15 and shooting 50% from the line was a big deal tonight.

We need to develop more outside shooting, and more isolation shots from CJ, Triche, Rak/Keita if Dajuan isn't going to play. Need to run a blueprint for a certain number of shots taken from this position and by this player. Win or lose this team needs to learn to spread the offense.
Good teams spread the offense.

I thought Brandon and cj played really well today on offense. Im not worried about them. That's how they need to play. We need more out of the big guys. We need to rebound and mcw needs to be more efficient.

I thought Brandon and cj played really well today on offense. Im not worried about them. That's how they need to play. We need more out of the big guys. We need to rebound and mcw needs to be more efficient.

I'll give you CJ, but Brandon had a terrific first 10 mins. And then disappeared for most of the rest of the game.

I'll give you CJ, but Brandon had a terrific first 10 mins. And then disappeared for most of the rest of the game.

MCW dominated the ball too much. And while CJ was great today, he hasn't passed the ball since the season started.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

MCW dominated the ball too much. And while CJ was great today, he hasn't passed the ball since the season started.

MCW needs to dominate the ball. Who is he going to pass to? That has been our offense all year and has looked good when against inferior competition where he could finish himself, and we knock down shots. It actually would have worked again today if he made his free throws.

Hopefully, this will serve as a wake up call. Didn't learn a thing against Monmouth. I suspect we learned something today.

Agree about MCW, he tried to do way too much. My gut feeling is anytime CJ goes for 15+ we are probably in trouble.

I don't think our offense was the probably tonight. CJ played the way we will need him to play, MCW did force things a bit late in the game, but we were losing and he was getting fouled (he has to make his free throws). They face guarded James the entire game and gave zero help off of him. ( I still think he needs to force things a little more though) But this is the worst defensive team since the 08-09 team and it is largely because of the bigs, they are giving up too much inside. If you give up 33pts to a guard and 16 offensive boards you are in trouble.

MCW needs to dominate the ball. Who is he going to pass to? That has been our offense all year and has looked good when against inferior competition where he could finish himself, and we knock down shots. It actually would have worked again today if he made his free throws.

Not what he did today. Let Triche try and break someone down. Run more offense.

Dominate the ball in a different way, by helping out your team mates and such.

what half court offense? we haven't ran an offense in 10 years.
u say things collectively, but haven't a clue. u have no offense against man because u have zero practice time

JB doesn't really know how to run a half court offense. If it happens, it's not by design.

No post offense and they are crowding our dribblers. Get used to it, it's the blueprint.

HOW IN THE WORLD DID YOU GET 2 LIKES FOR THAT???!

You improved on your LIPO (like/post) with analysis. That's impossible!!

But you're spot on with the analysis...

How many fast break points did we get tonight? I counted 2 (1 basket).

A suspect half court offense and limited fast break points...not good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom