Halfback angle play please ! | Syracusefan.com

Halfback angle play please !

CsonkaStash

Starter
I played D1 football (Albany) but played running back in highschool at Liverpool but by no means ever called a game as an Offensive Coordinator but my brother coaches highschool football. I really feel like we could benefit from more of these routes for Tucker. Shrader is tall enough to see over line and it would open up space in the middle for Tucker. I am not sure I've seen us run it at all this year. When we are struggling on the read runs, why not more passes to Tucker. Matter of fact this whole site

pasted image 0.png

I played D1 football (Albany) but played running back in highschool at Liverpool but by no means ever called a game as an Offensive Coordinator but my brother coaches highschool football. I really feel like we could benefit from more of these routes for Tucker. Shrader is tall enough to see over line and it would open up space in the middle for Tucker. I am not sure I've seen us run it at all this year. When we are struggling on the read runs, why not more passes to Tucker. Matter of fact this whole site

View attachment 221446
Everyone who plays Madden knows this play well. Picks up a first down almost every time. Maybe send a copy of Madden to the coaching staff?

LOL so true. It’s like unstoppable in Madden. I guess what I’m saying though is. If they shut down our running game let’s hit him in middle of field because it typically leaves him one on one. Dolphins just did it with Mostert

LOL so true. It’s like unstoppable in Madden. I guess what I’m saying though is. If they shut down our running game let’s hit him in middle of field because it typically leaves him one on one. Dolphins just did it with Mostert
Absolutely. You get the ball in the hands of your best playmaker however you have to. Anae and HCDB know this which is why we all know the issue wasn't that Clemson simply schemed Tucker out of the game. There's more to the story.

I think he has run that route multiple times this year. I think he ran it on Saturday. The problem was that there were usually 2 Clemson DL coming unabated past the RT and RG seemingly every play in the 2nd half.

Absolutely. You get the ball in the hands of your best playmaker however you have to. Anae and HCDB know this which is why we all know the issue wasn't that Clemson simply schemed Tucker out of the game. There's more to the story.

Definitely agree. Something we’re missing here

It seems like most of his pass plays are to the outside where the LB has to follow and Tucker can use his speed to get open or beat his guy to the outside after the catch. Going over the middle would allow the LB to move less and let Tucker come to him. I like the stuff to the flat mixed with wheel routes. We just need other guys to be a threat so defenses can't just focus on him and Gadsden.

It seems like most of his pass plays are to the outside where the LB has to follow and Tucker can use his speed to get open or beat his guy to the outside after the catch. Going over the middle would allow the LB to move less and let Tucker come to him. I like the stuff to the flat mixed with wheel routes. We just need other guys to be a threat so defenses can't just focus on him and Gadsden.

Send tucker on the screen so the lb goes with him and then drag a guy over the middle where the lb was.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom