Halftime scores | Syracusefan.com

Halftime scores

SWC75

Bored Historian
63-0, 40-6, , 41-0, 35-6, 56-6, 48-0, 38-0.

Those were all halftime scores of section three high school games this past weekend. I have to wonder what kind of an educational or even a character building experience such games can be.

It brings up a pet pieve of mine: that divisions in high school sports are based on enrollment when enrollment doesn't necessarily determine how good the football team is. That's based more on youth programs feeding into the varisty and a quality coaching staff. I think a team's status should be regularly reviewed based on their record in, say, the previous five years and moving them up or down if they were too dominant or totally uncompetitive.

I also think that there are too many divisions, giving certain schools "fiefdoms" they can dominate while not having to play comperable teams in other divsions. Switches of teams like Onondaga and Cazenovia who are on the borderline enrollment-wise have shown that there is little difference between the good teams in classes B,C, and D. I think Classes A and AA should be combined. The best teams in B,C and D would be in another division. The worst teams in B,C and D should be in a third divison for schools that lack the desire or wherewithall to excell in the sport. That would produce better competition than we see in the scores above.

Many know my stance: Moskov is a joke who lucked into state champ ... he is not a program builder and Auburnns AD is a bigger joke. She forced out the baseball coach who went to states two times in three years because she disagreed with the way he ran that program ... last years team with new coach was embarassing. I agree with your thoughts 100%. Oswego got mmurdered by FM. This year there is clear separation between the top and bottom. Some of the scores have been outrageous. The programs with solid youth leagues and coaching are really separating themselves by consistently uutting together winning seasons.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom