Handicapping the quarterbacks | Syracusefan.com

Handicapping the quarterbacks

SWC75

Bored Historian
Axeman had Ryan Murray of Cuseconfidential.com on yesterday and I called in a question asking them to handicap the race to detemrine who will be SU's quarterback next year.

Axeman put Charley Loeb at 4-1, John Kinder 8-1, Terrel Hunt 10-1, Zach Allen 12-1, Ashton Broyld 20-1, Austin Wilson 50-1.

Murray didn't quote odds but said he'd put Hunt just ahead of Loeb, (1A and 1B), then Allen, then Kinder, then Broyld, then Wilson.

It's going to be interesting.

i just wonder why axeman would have any clue in this battle.

Axeman had Ryan Murray of Cuseconfidential.com on yesterday and I called in a question asking them to handicap the race to detemrine who will be SU's quarterback next year.

Axeman put Charley Loeb at 4-1, John Kinder 8-1, Terrel Hunt 10-1, Zach Allen 12-1, Ashton Broyld 20-1, Austin Wilson 50-1.

Murray didn't quote odds but said he'd put Hunt just ahead of Loeb, (1A and 1B), then Allen, then Kinder, then Broyld, then Wilson.

Murray is a lot closer. Kinder shouldn't be second on any list.

Hunt missing last spring made a difference this year, it won't next.

Loeb is in the lead right now because he has been getting reps running THIS offense. The other guys have been mostly on scout team or at RB or in HS.

Allen may jump ahead of a bunch because he will be here in January (hopefully) and what he is running now, from what I have seen, is similar to what SU is currently running.

If he proves in spring ball that he has a general grasp of the offensive scheme, I'd give Zach Allen the ball every day of the week...and twice on Sunday.

Give the kid reps early...and often. He is the future of Orange football.

I would prefer to give Z. Allen the Johnny Manziel and Marcus Mariota treatment and give him a redshirt year to get his body more prepared for college, he is very skinny.

I think the staff prefers Hunt to Loeb because he adds more of a running dimension. During the Louisville game we ran a read option play in the red zone and Nassib took it himself towards the corner. Hunt or Broyld would have scored on that play I think.

We seem to see 2-4 designed Nassib runs per game, and they don't go anywhere, and its because Nassib is not a runner.

Axe is correct on #1 but that's pretty much it.

Loeb 5-2
Hunt 3-1
Allen 12-1
Broyld 15-1
Kinder 20-1
Wilson 100-1