Happy 90th Birthday... | Syracusefan.com

Happy 90th Birthday...

Bill Orange

...to Hplare!

He might be our oldest member, not to mention that he goes back to the original board in the 90's.

A Syracuse native, he played and lettered in lacrosse under Roy Simmons, Sr. He's a treasure trove of stories of all things SU sports related.

His 3 favorite subjects are:

The city of Syracuse
Syracuse University
Syracuse Athletics

An Emmy Award winning writer for daytime serials, perhaps he could write a spec script about this board, as it is at times, a soap opera! ;-)

Last edited:
...to Hplare!

He might be our oldest member, not to mention that he goes back to the original board in the 90's.

A Syracuse native, he played and lettered in lacrosse under Roy Simmons, Sr. He's a treasure trove of stories of all things SU sports related.

His 3 favorite subjects are:

The city of Syracuse
Syracuse University
Syracuse Athletics

An Emmy Award winning writer for daytime serials, perhaps he could write a spec script about this board, as it is at times, a soap opera! ;-)
Happy Birthday hplare!

At some point, it would be great if you could pen a short post talking about how things were back when you were a student.

Any insights would be awesome, especially those related to SU Athletics.

Hope you have a great day!

Alibrat, my SU classmate, is a prolific poster on my Facebook page.
That’s good to hear, Joyce. I lost track of Tom some time ago (I’m not on Facebook). Last I heard, I think he was living in Thailand. He had taught in the UAE and Mongolia for awhile. I think he was a Dean at the latter university. We used to trade a lot of messages, going back to the AOL days.

6D798754-71AB-4CD3-AE15-0FDF266D04CD.jpeg

Happy belated Birthday Hplare and here’s to a great upcoming new year too!

That’s good to hear, Joyce. I lost track of Tom some time ago (I’m not on Facebook). Last I heard, I think he was living in Thailand. He had taught in the UAE and Mongolia for awhile. I think he was a Dean at the latter university. We used to trade a lot of messages, going back to the AOL days.
Tom, last I knew was back in the states during Covid in California. He was doing very well and staying as active as ever.