Happy for Uconn | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Happy for Uconn

They're like a more successful UMASS.

...success meaning they were better for longer period of time and multiple NCs.

Now they are back where they started... A mediocre mid-major school... only with a major school football footprint and facilities that are bleeding them cash, as their football program has cratered.

They're screwed.

Couldn't happen to a nicer program.

Last edited:
Seeing UCONN the last 5 years is scary - if this could happen to them I guess it could happen to us? I like to think because they got stuck without a real conference they were doomed when Calhoun left - they have to be suicidal

Seeing UCONN the last 5 years is scary - if this could happen to them I guess it could happen to us? I like to think because they got stuck without a real conference they were doomed when Calhoun left - they have to be suicidal

Eh, they're delusional, not suicidal. Plus, they're a mid-major, everything can hinge on one good Top 200 recruit. That's the upside of being irrelevant I guess.

I mean, Zion Williamson and 4 mannequins strategically placed on the defensive end would finish Top 2 in the AAEC most seasons.

Eh, they're delusional, not suicidal. Plus, they're a mid-major, everything can hinge on one good Top 200 recruit. That's the upside of being irrelevant I guess.

I mean, Zion Williamson and 4 mannequins strategically placed on the defensive end would finish Top 2 in the AAEC most seasons.
Strange post as they have a better class than us next year, including a guy we lead for at one point.

Strange post as they have a better class than us next year, including a guy we lead for at one point.
Really? I guess time will tell.
It is nice to be in a relevant conference.
Edit- you guys did beat us out on a good recruit,

Last edited:
We are in better shape than them but lets not act like we went 28-5 this year. We have our own problems including recruiting. And they are going after a lot of the same players we are.

How would I know that? I don't follow what recruits are signing with AJC schools. I assume most of those kids are still just awaiting better offers...who knows though.

How would I know that? I don't follow what recruits are signing with AJC schools. I assume most of those kids are still just awaiting better offers...who knows though.
You get more automatic playing time if you go to the lesser schools.

Akok would start here next year. Are you guys really arguing he wouldn't get starters minutes here?

Akok would start here next year. Are you guys really arguing he wouldn't get starters minutes here?

You take UConn basketball too seriously.

Lots of teams have a kid who I'm sure could get starters minutes here, doesn't mean they're all worth taking seriously. :) It's UConn...their mascot could get starters minutes on that team.

We are in better shape than them but lets not act like we went 28-5 this year. We have our own problems including recruiting. And they are going after a lot of the same players we are.
Are you having fun posting the same thing over and over again?

i don't think they have a better class than su, but gafney & akok are legit and will make an instant impact

They just had three losing seasons in a row, I believe. If you want to back to the last time we had three losing seasons, JFK was President

Why are people trying to make nyucuse's beautifully entertaining thread a serious UConn discussion.

This is the final straw for me! :) I'm done with this thread. What's next, a discussion on the rise and fall of UMass with special emphasis on the impact Lou Roe's early departure had on Edgar Padilla's floor game and eventually the program itself?

Why are people trying to make nyucuse's beautifully entertaining thread a serious UConn discussion.

This is the final straw for me! :) I'm done with this thread. What's next, a discussion on the rise and fall of UMass with special emphasis on the impact Lou Roe's early departure had on Edgar Padilla's floor game and eventually the program itself?
You get special points for remembering edgar Padilla

His first post on the board last fall...
Class of 2019 - PF Akok Akok (CT) to UConn

Exposed.

Savage right there.

DW for the title.
018F83BF-CD83-478F-9F4A-5F485498532B.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online