Harbaugh needs to take it down a notch | Syracusefan.com

Harbaugh needs to take it down a notch

Like him or not, he'll get who he wants, win big time and have just about any opportunity he wants at the top of his profession.

Like him or not, he'll get who he wants, win big time and have just about any opportunity he wants at the top of his profession.

He's a clown. He can pull all of this desperation crap, but still won't overtake OSU. And then after failing to surmount that obstacle, I agree that he'll bounce to his pick of NFL jobs. He's a rental in ann arbor.

He's a clown. He can pull all of this desperation crap, but still won't overtake OSU. And then after failing to surmount that obstacle, I agree that he'll bounce to his pick of NFL jobs. He's a rental in ann arbor.
If he was coaching here, pulling in all the 4 & 5*'s everybody here covets, his methods would be anything but criticized.

I found it more funny that I was actually reading an "article" on something called "Bro Bible"
BroBible and WorldStarHipHop are some fun "bored at work" sites to check out on your phone...NOT on your work computer.

Finwad32 said:
If he was coaching here, pulling in all the 4 & 5*'s everybody here covets, his methods would be anything but criticized.

He's the Eric Devendorf of coaching.

He's coached in the Super Bowl and now he's acting like a teenager trying to get his crushes attention.

If he was coaching for us getting 4 and 5 stars, I'd still make fun of him. He's such a cornball.

Agree 100%, but he is damn effective and I really is such a wacko but he is certainly all in. I do think in 3 years he will be back in the NFL. I cant see him doing this for the long haul, 2017 season will be huge for him.

How do you know he want overtake OSU? Harbaugh can be abbrasive and all that but atleast he's upfront with all this. He doesnt hide it like most of these coaches do. They all do the same things but are more discreet about it. I like Meyer alot but its doesnt mean he's the better coach because he doesnt act like harbaugh. There are times I wish he would be more friendly with the media and be more open with his delivery but thats him. Most coaches want to do the same thing but dont have the balls to do it.

He keeps taking shots at the NCAA they will be under investigation before too long. Let's hope we show as much improvement under our new staff as Michigan has under Harbaugh.

How do you know he want overtake OSU? Harbaugh can be abbrasive and all that but atleast he's upfront with all this. He doesnt hide it like most of these coaches do. They all do the same things but are more discreet about it. I like Meyer alot but its doesnt mean he's the better coach because he doesnt act like harbaugh. There are times I wish he would be more friendly with the media and be more open with his delivery but thats him. Most coaches want to do the same thing but dont have the balls to do it.

Not to be argumentative, but I'd say that Meyer is the better coach because he wins championships, recruis better, and beats Michigan head to head consistently.

Harbaugh is obviously a good coach, but I seriously doubt that he will be over to "overtake" that machine down in Columbus, which has owned that rivalry for 12+ years. Why on earth WOULDN'T Harbaugh want to overtake OSU? What's the alternative--continuing to lose to them?

Him being friendly or having a charming personality [or lack thereof] doesn't have anything to do with it, IMO.

Not to be argumentative, but I'd say that Meyer is the better coach because he wins championships, recruis better, and beats Michigan head to head consistently.

Harbaugh is obviously a good coach, but I seriously doubt that he will be over to "overtake" that machine down in Columbus, which has owned that rivalry for 12+ years. Why on earth WOULDN'T Harbaugh want to overtake OSU? What's the alternative--continuing to lose to them?

Him being friendly or having a charming personality [or lack thereof] doesn't have anything to do with it, IMO.
Interesting. I love Meyer but Im just not ready to say he will continue to beat Michigan at that rate. It will be very hard to keep that trend. Meyer has coached for along time. We cant predict that Harbaugh wouldnt be as succesful after he puts in the amount of time Meyer did.

Interesting. I love Meyer but Im just not ready to say he will continue to beat Michigan at that rate. It will be very hard to keep that trend. Meyer has coached for along time. We cant predict that Harbaugh wouldnt be as succesful after he puts in the amount of time Meyer did.

Unfortunately, my wife is an Ohio State grad, from a family of Ohio State grads. I've had to watch those @#$% play for years, which made our struggles on the gridiron even more difficult to swallow. But I digress--that program is humming on all cylinders right now. Michigan isn't anywhere close to it.

Also, the college game is different than the NFL game. College coaches are successful for some different off-the-field reasons [i.e., recruiting] than what it takes to be successful in the NFL.

Harbaugh is an NFL guy. My opinion only, but he is only at his alma mater temporarily, and will jump ship at the earliest convenient opportunity when a good NFL gig comes along.

Let's just say for arguments sake that he's at Michigan for three years--a fairly substantial commitment for a guy who's intention is to get back to the pros. Well, one of those seasons is already in the rear view mirror. That means he'll have two years to make a mark at the collegiate level. No matter what success he achieves, he won't put in the amount of time Meyer has, nor will he probably [again, my opinion only] be around long enough to realize the fruits of his labor, and for those recruits to actualize their potential.

Illiteracy really does affect everyone.

Not me. I can't stand Ohio State.

But the fact remains, they've owned your squad for more than a decade, and don't show any signs of slowing down.

Unfortunately, my wife is an Ohio State grad, from a family of Ohio State grads. I've had to watch those @#$% play for years, which made our struggles on the gridiron even more difficult to swallow. But I digress--that program is humming on all cylinders right now. Michigan isn't anywhere close to it.

Also, the college game is different than the NFL game. College coaches are successful for some different off-the-field reasons [i.e., recruiting] than what it takes to be successful in the NFL.

Harbaugh is an NFL guy. My opinion only, but he is only at his alma mater temporarily, and will jump ship at the earliest convenient opportunity when a good NFL gig comes along.

Let's just say for arguments sake that he's at Michigan for three years--a fairly substantial commitment for a guy who's intention is to get back to the pros. Well, one of those seasons is already in the rear view mirror. That means he'll have two years to make a mark at the collegiate level. No matter what success he achieves, he won't put in the amount of time Meyer has, nor will he probably [again, my opinion only] be around long enough to realize the fruits of his labor, and for those recruits to actualize their potential.
I get it. I just like to see people get hated on and see how they react from that. I also want to see what Meyer does with some real opposition now. How will he react? Again I will pick Meyer over Saban and everyone else but lets see how this plays out. Im also not sure if Meyer will stay there long due to his history. We will see but this makes college football better when its going back and forth IMO.

Not me. I can't stand Ohio State.

But the fact remains, they've owned your squad for more than a decade, and don't show any signs of slowing down.

Can't argue with that. But even if they won 100-0 for the next 100 years, I still wouldn't trade my Michigan degree for whatever they pull out of that Cracker Jack box.

What amazes me, is this thought about Harbaugh being 'desperate'. He took a 5-7 Brady Hoke team, and in his first season put up 10 wins, a fluke play by a punter short of 11, curbstomped Florida in a New Year's Day bowl, and then put together a top-5 class including the #1 recruit in the nation.

The guy is living his dream. He's putting on Signing Day events with recruits being introduced by Tom Brady, Derek Jeter, Desmond Howard, Jessica Szohr, Migos, Lou Holtz, Mike Shanahan, and Todd McShay. He has Big Sean and Eminem hanging out with the team. He's putting on events around the country that have the SEC and ACC feeling threatened. He has this message board posting numerous threads (not even by me) about him and Michigan football. He's not desperate, he's an innovator, someone with charisma to his peers and recruits, and is willing to work harder than anyone in his business.

Last edited:
Can't argue with that. But even if they won 100-0 for the next 100 years, I still wouldn't trade my Michigan degree for whatever they pull out of that Cracker Jack box.

That would be small consolation, but whatever.

Not really a fan of Michigan, either. I find them mildly less distasteful than OSU, frankly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom