Hard Knocks for NCAAF | Syracusefan.com

Hard Knocks for NCAAF

cusefan83

Walk On
ESPN College Football page is citing sources that HBO is in talks with Alabama, Arizona State, Penn State, and Washington State for behind the scenes, all access programming similar to ‘Hard Knocks’.

Must say that I feel indignant, if for no other reason that we were one of the first college teams to move into this ‘original content’ space. And Penn State is a regional rival in recruiting, so this seems like a negative in that respect.

It does seem, however, that this progression was inevitable. Even the ACCN points to this to a degree, as far as driving original content. Not sure if that concept included what we are doing.

Anyway, I’m curious about others more informed and educated opinions on the matter.

ESPN College Football page is citing sources that HBO is in talks with Alabama, Arizona State, Penn State, and Washington State for behind the scenes, all access programming similar to ‘Hard Knocks’.

Must say that I feel indignant, if for no other reason that we were one of the first college teams to move into this ‘original content’ space. And Penn State is a regional rival in recruiting, so this seems like a negative in that respect.

It does seem, however, that this progression was inevitable. Even the ACCN points to this to a degree, as far as driving original content. Not sure if that concept included what we are doing.

Anyway, I’m curious about others more informed and educated opinions on the matter.

If ours is compelling enough, people/kids will subscribe to it on YouTube. Not worried about the HBO thing.

Problem with current "La Familia" is that it is glossy without real substance. It's propaganda versus drawn-in storylines like "Hard Knocks."

Amazon did a series on Michigan a few years ago and showtime did one on ND. Lafamilia is great because we had nothing before it so anything is better then nothing but they can definitely do even more with it especially with the resources we have.

The intent of La Familia is different. Seems intended for Syracuse fans moreso than a general audience. More deep dives on players without much attempt at a plot arch for the players - the season is the plot arch.

With Babers' personality and charisma a program of the Hard Knocks nature would be gold on the recruiting front; however, given his tendency to keep things in the program within the family, so to speak, I don't see him agreeing to do something like this. I'd LOVE to see it.

Coaches typically hate nationally televised behind the scenes stuff like Hard Knocks.

Coaches typically hate nationally televised behind the scenes stuff like Hard Knocks.
I think it was the Rich Eisen interview where he said he doesn’t watch Hard Knocks and finds that most coaches on that show get fired soon after.

If ours is compelling enough, people/kids will subscribe to it on YouTube. Not worried about the HBO thing.

Problem with current "La Familia" is that it is glossy without real substance. It's propaganda versus drawn-in storylines like "Hard Knocks."

Which is what it should be.