Hard to believe, but my O's have battled all the | Syracusefan.com

Hard to believe, but my O's have battled all the

Capt. Tuttle

Living Legend
way back. Don't know what the rest of the season will hold, but they have one of the top pitching prospects in the minors and Machado may solve the revolving door at 3rd. For the 1st time since Jeffrey Maier, baseball seems worthwhile.

way back. Don't know what the rest of the season will hold, but they have one of the top pitching prospects in the minors and Machado may solve the revolving door at 3rd. For the 1st time since Jeffrey Maier, baseball seems worthwhile.
I'm with you. I grew up a Red Wings fan in Rochester, and by extension, an Os fan. I know this won't endear me with many on this board, but beating the Evil Empire for the AL pennant would make it all the sweeter.

I grew up with Cal Ripken as my absolute idol, but also grew up a Red Sox fan. Last year and Robert Andino are still fresh in the mind, but I'm pulling for the O's to take down the Yanks.

I was able to attend Cal's last 3 games. It was surreal. When Clinton was there, you could see the helicopters overhead and the sharp shooters on the roof. His high 5 lap was incredibly moving. I was also there once and was able to see Cal and his daughter playing catch in centerfield per-game: he with his mitt, her with her lacrosse stick. My son got to meet Boog at his place one time we were down there. Camden Yards is a great place.

I was able to attend Cal's last 3 games. It was surreal. When Clinton was there, you could see the helicopters overhead and the sharp shooters on the roof. His high 5 lap was incredibly moving. I was also there once and was able to see Cal and his daughter playing catch in centerfield per-game: he with his mitt, her with her lacrosse stick. My son got to meet Boog at his place one time we were down there. Camden Yards is a great place.
I was there for his 2nd to last game (the night game of the double-header on October 5th http://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/BAL/BAL200110052.shtml), as we had bought tickets for those games when they were supposed be the week following 9/11. After the attacks, they moved the games to the last series of the season and we lucked into one of my greatest memories ever. I still have one of those orange pieces of card stock hanging in my room that they handed out that says "Thanks Cal."

I grew up with Cal Ripken as my absolute idol, but also grew up a Red Sox fan. Last year and Robert Andino are still fresh in the mind, but I'm pulling for the O's to take down the Yanks.

As any true Red Sox fan would. I'm one.

It'll be interesting to watch. I can't figure out if I think it's sustainable or not. The re-emergence of Britton and, as you mention, the kid Bundy could make things pretty fun in B'more for a while. Bundy/Britton/Hammel/Chen could be a solid 1-4, Johnson's great at the back end and bullpens are always pretty cheap. Machado at third, Jones/Markakis/Weiters nucleus ... I don't know, it's not crazy to think they could sustain it beyond this year. Britton/Bundy/Hammel are the keys b/c, as Tampa shows every year, you can win a lot of games with pretty marginal offensive output.

Should be an exciting six games in the AL East and wildcard races.

Go Yanks!

They did go wire to wire in the following season (1997) before bowing out to Cleveland in the ALCS

Amazing stat that the O's have in runs scored vs runs allowed. Compare that to the Yankees and it's amazing how they have won as many games as they have.