Hard workers, willingness to be coached, improvement | Syracusefan.com

Hard workers, willingness to be coached, improvement

Cuseball

Starter
One thing nice about the Cuse roster and players coming back is the seeming willingness of the core group to be coached, to have more demanded and the work ethic.

Quincy jumps to the top of this list. The kid could have easily dismissed his coaches getting on him and telling him not to shoot from outside. Instead he hunkered down, focused on his inside game, rebounded and gave the team what it needed. He obviously works on his free throw shooting and ability to drive. I have no doubts with a full off season he will improve his outside shooting And return a significantly improved player next year.

Buddy. Lots of what he can and can not not do. However, there is no doubt he is one of the hardest workers out there. There will always be some athletic limitations but there is way more positive to work with. He’ll continue to work on the ability to drive and quick pull up, as well as backing down. Defensive slides, long rebounds etc. He’ll keep working on how to deal with in your face defense, ball handling Etc. he attracts a lot of attention on the court and that opens up so much for the rest of the offense.

Girard. Just scratching the surface and will be an absolute star for the next three years. You don’t become the player he is without work ethic and constant improvements. He’ll cut down on mistakes of aggression, play more within the team concept and improve his ability to drive and kick to open shooters. His ability to drive is great ( quickness was vastly underrated) but often unproductive once he’s amongst the trees. A few successful kick outs opens up his drive more and gets the whole offense flowing. Way better player than anyone expected as a frosh and the leader for the remainder of his career.

Goodine. I think he falls in this bucket and he knows what unlocks the playing time door for him. He’s a good outside shooter and if he adds that, as well as strength he becomes the defensive presence we need at the top of the zone. Embrace the role, don’t do too much too early and those 8mprovements make him and Cuse so much better.

love to see Edwards or Bol Ajak on this list but don’t know enough. Path to playing time is easy. Rebounds, inside presence and some bulk. How bad do they want it could determine how good we are next year.

Cuse!

With the core likely to stay 3 to 4 years team will be good - especially on offense. But the D is the problem. It is hard to see an elite D with JG and Buddy on the top. An ability to force "stops" makes a really good team a team that can win it all.

With the core likely to stay 3 to 4 years team will be good - especially on offense. But the D is the problem. It is hard to see an elite D with JG and Buddy on the top. An ability to force "stops" makes a really good team a team that can win it all.
I'm not sure about winning it all, but I am looking forward to seeing how experience will help this group of players. Without any obvious lottery picks in the near future (I'm assuming Elijah won't be back), this will be a good test of the old school team with experienced players returning and gradually improving. I am very curious if any of our redshirts can make a difference next year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom