Hardnosed information/perspective | Syracusefan.com

Hardnosed information/perspective

nralecuse

Walk On
A few years back a new pharma rep came into my office and we are talking. He sees that I graduated from Syracuse and tells me he attended the US Naval Academy during the time I was at SU. He played football for Navy and told me how tough "hardnose" Syracuse always was to play. Said it didn't matter if the team was having a good season or not; it was ALWAYS a very tough and physical game. Much more than all others. Said they hated playing Syracuse because it was such a physical game and took more time than usual to recover from physically!

So glad the football season is finally here. Hope to meet some of the board members if my schedule permits. In some crazy manner this board feels like family (occasionally disfunctional/irrational/emotional etc) but always loving our Orange!
Here's to a great season !

Go Orange !

A few years back a new pharma rep came into my office and we are talking. He sees that I graduated from Syracuse and tells me he attended the US Naval Academy during the time I was at SU. He played football for Navy and told me how tough "hardnose" Syracuse always was to play. Said it didn't matter if the team was having a good season or not; it was ALWAYS a very tough and physical game. Much more than all others. Said they hated playing Syracuse because it was such a physical game and took more time than usual to recover from physically!

So glad the football season is finally here. Hope to meet some of the board members if my schedule permits. In some crazy manner this board feels like family (occasionally disfunctional/irrational/emotional etc) but always loving our Orange!

Go Orange !

When did he play against SU? Just wondering who the HC was at the time. In any case, always good to hear that someone from an Academy considered playing SU to always be a "very tough and physical game" as their standards about what is truly "tough" might be a little higher.

When did he play against SU? Just wondering who the HC was at the time. In any case, always good to hear that someone from an Academy considered playing SU to always be a "very tough and physical game" as their standards about what is truly "tough" might be a little higher.

Agree 100% with that--players at the academies might not have the same level of physical talent that other D1 teams have, but they make up a lot of the difference through toughness and being relentless.

Reactions: 007

Go Orange !
I remember when some Miami players said something similar to that.

Sorry for the delay in reply.....it's been a long day. He played for George Welsh who subsequently went on to coach University of Virginia. I don't recall what year he played but Welsh coached at Navy from 1973-1981 per Wikipedia.

GO ORANGE !

Sorry for the delay in reply.....it's been a long day. He played for George Welsh who subsequently went on to coach University of Virginia. I don't recall what year he played but Welsh coached at Navy from 1973-1981 per Wikipedia.

GO ORANGE !

Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom