Harris / Benson injury updates | Syracusefan.com

Harris / Benson injury updates

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
Babers said WR Taj Harris believes he’ll be ready for Liberty. TE Luke Benson’s status is still up in the air. If Benson is out, SU will be down to Max Mang and Steve Mahar as scholarship guys.

Bensons injury appeared to be a hard bruise. He got hit hard in the hip area if i recall. It did not appear to be a knee. Just a bad charlie horse is what I call it. It will be a gametime call for this week i think. I expect him to be fine the following week. Just my opinion as an ex-athlete and having those type injuries.

Bensons injury appeared to be a hard bruise. He got hit hard in the hip area if i recall. It did not appear to be a knee. Just a bad charlie horse is what I call it. It will be a gametime call for this week i think. I expect him to be fine the following week. Just my opinion as an ex-athlete and having those type injuries.
I sit in the end zone. After Benson came out of the medical tent he tried to jog with a black knee brace on but he could not do it. He then went to the locker room and returned with a knee brace & crutches. It was definitely a knee injury. Hoping surgery is not required.

Any update on the Frosh running back, Josh Hough?

Did/does he need surgery?

Recovery prognosis?

Redshirt?

It did look like he took the shot in the thigh but I wondered if his cleat stuck and maybe had some type of hyperextension in the knee area. It didn't look that bad live.

I sit in the end zone. After Benson came out of the medical tent he tried to jog with a black knee brace on but he could not do it. He then went to the locker room and returned with a knee brace & crutches. It was definitely a knee injury. Hoping surgery is not required.
Ugh I didn’t see that! Thanks for the info

Any word on Jonathon? Think he has been out since game 1?

I noticed him in when we were kicking PAT's. I'm hoping that means he is on the road toa return this week, but I have no idea.

I noticed him in when we were kicking PAT's. I'm hoping that means he is on the road toa return this week, but I have no idea.

It's pretty amazing that we've played so many snaps without the starting 3 of Black, Bear, Kingsley and haven't seemed to skip a beat. Small sample size of not great offenses, but it's rare that our DL dominates anyone. Front 6 on this team looks legit.

It's pretty amazing that we've played so many snaps without the starting 3 of Black, Bear, Kingsley and haven't seemed to skip a beat. Small sample size of not great offenses, but it's rare that our DL dominates anyone. Front 6 on this team looks legit.

Agreed. Having those seniors elect to return was a godsend.

And it buys time for the young talent in the pipeline [Lockett, Geer, Okechukwu, etc.]

Roscoe is the most underrated returner of all of them. He has been great.

Pretty sure I threw a dart on him for most sacks in the Cali Awards. Always thought he looked good last year applying pressure. He got better too

Couldn't agree more, which shocks me. I was very concerned about the Dline heading into the season and they have greatly surpassed my expectations. As you said, opponents haven't been all that strong, but so far they've more than held their own. Hopefully Friday night we're at (or close to) full strength.