Harrison Parking Lot Question | Syracusefan.com

Harrison Parking Lot Question

OrangeMon

Scout Team
This is a question for any of the folks out there that park in the Harrison St. parking lot...

This year I've moved to the Harrison St. parking lot (from the garage across the street). I was wondering, what time does this lot open on Saturday game days? Same question, but for the Friday night games? Do they give you enough time for tailgating?

Thanks
Jaime

Jaime

Not at Harrison, but my experience is Friday Night games will be hard to get in there much before 4pm. Over in Stadium West they seem to start staffing about 4 hours prior. I've been in the Fine Lot earlier than 4 hours and entered without an issue.

I really enjoy skytop. I know it's not a popular lot, but aside from the shuttle, which my kids like anyway, it has alot of advantages. You NEVER have to deal with the cluster fart of traffic around the Dome either prior or after a game. It's the cheapest lot available. I enjoy tailgating in the grass alot more than pavement. Lots of port-a-johns and they are actually very cleaned, decorated, and smell ok. They put pictures of past SU greats in there and add flowered lei's. It's pretty nice as far as plastic rectangle bathrooms go. The tailgating scene isn't bad, usually something's going on in every row. And because of the volume of people and therefore flags and tents it has that tailgating feel to it more so than alot of the other lots. The Fine crew still puts on the best tailgate so I'd recommend that to anyone however Skytop isn't as bad as everyone makes it out to be.

This is a question for any of the folks out there that park in the Harrison St. parking lot...

This year I've moved to the Harrison St. parking lot (from the garage across the street). I was wondering, what time does this lot open on Saturday game days? Same question, but for the Friday night games? Do they give you enough time for tailgating?

Thanks
Jaime
I use Harrison and its worked great for us. I don't know what time it opens but I have never had an issue with it and we frequently get there 3-5 hours early depending on game time.

I use Harrison and its worked great for us. I don't know what time it opens but I have never had an issue with it and we frequently get there 3-5 hours early depending on game time.

Everyone, thanks for the info.

xc84 - What about Friday night games, ever a problem getting there 2-3 hours before kickoff?

Everyone, thanks for the info.

xc84 - What about Friday night games, ever a problem getting there 2-3 hours before kickoff?
No...should not be a problem. I am always there at least 2 hours ahead of time and usually earlier than that. I have never got there and been turned away or forced to wait. In fact, if I recall correctly, I may have got there before the attendant and he checked my permit after he arrived.

No...should not be a problem. I am always there at least 2 hours ahead of time and usually earlier than that. I have never got there and been turned away or forced to wait. In fact, if I recall correctly, I may have got there before the attendant and he checked my permit after he arrived.
That sounds like what they do at Stadium West. The Fine Lot is probably a tad more crowded on a Friday afternoon than Harrison...just guessing. You might not have an issue getting there at 3 PM.

Thanks again for the feedback. More time to tailgate, the better. I'll make sure to get over to the Fine Lot tailgate too.

That sounds like what they do at Stadium West. The Fine Lot is probably a tad more crowded on a Friday afternoon than Harrison...just guessing. You might not have an issue getting there at 3 PM.
For sure. Harrison is small but never full (at least not in recent years).

I really enjoy skytop. I know it's not a popular lot, but aside from the shuttle, which my kids like anyway, it has alot of advantages. You NEVER have to deal with the cluster fart of traffic around the Dome either prior or after a game. It's the cheapest lot available. I enjoy tailgating in the grass alot more than pavement. Lots of port-a-johns and they are actually very cleaned, decorated, and smell ok. They put pictures of past SU greats in there and add flowered lei's. It's pretty nice as far as plastic rectangle bathrooms go. The tailgating scene isn't bad, usually something's going on in every row. And because of the volume of people and therefore flags and tents it has that tailgating feel to it more so than alot of the other lots. The Fine crew still puts on the best tailgate so I'd recommend that to anyone however Skytop isn't as bad as everyone makes it out to be.

My brother and I usually get to Skytop before the staff get there on Friday night games, we start at around 12-1PM. There are no attendants at that time so you may not have to pay. Best place to tailgate IMO, lots of room for kids especially to run and play.

For Saturday games we usually are there a minimum of 3 hours before kickoff even with Noon games we are there around 9AM or before.

My brother and I usually get to Skytop before the staff get there on Friday night games, we start at around 12-1PM. There are no attendants at that time so you may not have to pay. Best place to tailgate IMO, lots of room for kids especially to run and play.

For Saturday games we usually are there a minimum of 3 hours before kickoff even with Noon games we are there around 9AM or before.
I've gotten there before the attendants but they still come around to check permits and collect money once they arrive. Your mileage may very but that's been my experience.

I've gotten there before the attendants but they still come around to check permits and collect money once they arrive. Your mileage may very but that's been my experience.

I have never been charged after entering and have never been approached by an attendant after entering either. I also don't go in the front or park near the front either, always go in the back up the hill andstay near the back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom