Has anyone asked JB what exactly is wrong with Jerami Grant's back? | Syracusefan.com

Has anyone asked JB what exactly is wrong with Jerami Grant's back?

Alsacs

Living Legend
Is it a stress fracture? Herniated disk? Will it require surgery after the year? Or is it sore and beaten down? I am just interested if that question has been asked. If its a real bad injury or is it something an injection and rest can heal for March.

I get JB won't want to the divulge the information, but I am just wondering if he is done for the year or he will be okay this season with rest.

He has said a few times that there is no structural damage. Brad Pike said it was a strain.

I asked him this morning, but no response. I guess he just couldn't hear me from South Carolina. He must be getting old.

In all seriousness, great question and one that I think we are all wondering about. I would be very surprised if many details come out as that really couldn't benefit us in any way. Keep teams in the dark, particularly the selection committee. Anyone remember how that whole AO thing was handled which kept our 1 seed intact? ;)

Strains can by tricky. Even though they cause "no structural damage", if not healed properly, they can easily get re-aggravated.

I suffered a severe back strain a few years back . . . yoga and acupuncture had me feeling like new in a week.

I have continued a regular regimen of both ever since.

I had one a couple years ago, for a couple of weeks, one day I couldn't even leave bed one day it was so bad. The next day I woke up and felt like a million bucks, I was able to lift weights, even played a pick up bball game. Backs can be very tricky.

I suffered severe back pain many years ago as a result of picking up my two year old daughter in worst possible way, bending down from the waist. Sank to the floor and wondered if I would ever walk again. Went to a chiro doc and in two weeks I was riding waves in Cape May. The reality; back pains are very subtle in nature. Sometimes just rolling the wrong way in bed can set off a tick. I'm thinking unless the problem is something more serious than a tick, Grant will be back, but the process can not be pressed. Hope that just as we have seen the center spot strengthen with injury to BMK, we will see the same result with more minutes from Roberson.

with someone as skinny as grant I imagine there can't be to much weight strain causing it.

Hurt my back in high school. I couldn't walk for 3 days. Was able to play on the fourth and had a good game. Two years ago I hurt it deadlifting and walked hunched over for a month. Whether it's a strain or not, these things linger. I seem to remember Brandon Triche struggling with a back injury this time last year.

You can also sprain your back just like your ankle or knee. Your back has many ligaments which attach back muscle to the spine and rib cage. If you sprain one of those ligaments it can compress a nerve and that's what I did two years ago. Again, it's really about the pain threshold whether you can play. At the same time it's hard to play with the same level of explosiveness with this type of injury, and that's why I expect it is really a sprain, and not a strain.

Strains can by tricky. Even though they cause "no structural damage", if not healed properly, they can easily get re-aggravated.

Don't I know it. I have a muscle strain on the lower right side of my back from lifting I think. I can go weeks of playing hoops 3-4 times per week and it's fine, but then I'll jump up to catch a pass and tweak it badly. No rhyme or reason. Strengthening the core is the only thing that is working though.

How long have you had a weak back?
Oh, about a week back.

(3 Stooges line)

I have lower back pain and i find that drinking pbr while laying on the couch watching swac games really helps stop the pain
What about MEAC games?

What about MEAC games?

PBR is still prescribed; however, these games should be watched from the seated position. A bit of a slouch is allowed.

I have lower back pain and i find that drinking pbr while laying on the couch watching swac games really helps stop the pain

couch-potato.jpg

Marsh with back pain.

couch-potato.jpg

Marsh without back pain.