Has anyone else noticed TT has an issue? | Syracusefan.com

Has anyone else noticed TT has an issue?

Ptzburghcuse

Walk On
Perhaps it is just me, but I feel like TT is always walking the razor edge of a T.

He seems to let his emotions get to him much more than any other current player.

Was watching againt North Florida when he was T'd, and could have sworn he said " ref" after being T'd up. The announcers kind of blew it off but he's lucky he wasn't tossed.

If this was isolated I'd say let it go. But he seems to object and overreact to everyone call that doesn't go his way.

I have a feeling the North Florida T will not be his last this year. I hope JB and Hop are working on this because it will cost us.

Just my opinion.

I know that next year when Matt suits up and TT is a mainstay in the rotation it will be very unlikely that we lack intensity as a team. Its easy to forget that Mike and Trevor were intense competitors that didn't give up on games and played hard till the buzzer. This team certainly doesn't have a leader and doesn't seem to have the type of guys who get everyone else energized. Thompson certainly plays with an edge and as long as he keeps it under control I think its a good thing. He must have said something pretty nasty to the Ref because he wasn't very demonstrative with his body language, wasn't going after the ref and wasn't yelling.

You're correct, and it's a problem they've been aware of for some time.

Not excusing TT's behavior / the T at all.

But let's keep in perspective that he is a freshman in his third semester of college, playing in his first couple of games. He needs to get more mature and demonstrate better control of his emotions. That will come with time, and some of the mistakes he makes now will be lessons that he can benefit from down the road.

I know that next year when Matt suits up and TT is a mainstay in the rotation it will be very unlikely that we lack intensity as a team. Its easy to forget that Mike and Trevor were intense competitors that didn't give up on games and played hard till the buzzer. This team certainly doesn't have a leader and doesn't seem to have the type of guys who get everyone else energized. Thompson certainly plays with an edge and as long as he keeps it under control I think its a good thing. He must have said something pretty nasty to the Ref because he wasn't very demonstrative with his body language, wasn't going after the ref and wasn't yelling.

I'm probably going to feel stupid for asking but why do I have no idea who Matt is?

Not excusing TT's behavior / the T at all.

But let's keep in perspective that he is a freshman in his third semester of college, playing in his first couple of games. He needs to get more mature and demonstrate better control of his emotions. That will come with time, and some of the mistakes he makes now will be lessons that he can benefit from down the road.
third semester of college?

While we're on the subject, what happened between Battle and the N Fla kid where there was an injury? I don't have the courage to watch the second half of the game. It looked to me like the NF player fouled Battle but then something happened and he was laid out on the floor for a good couple minutes. Anyone?

While we're on the subject, what happened between Battle and the N Fla kid where there was an injury? I don't have the courage to watch the second half of the game. It looked to me like the NF player fouled Battle but then something happened and he was laid out on the floor for a good couple minutes. Anyone?
Think that was Howard that gave him a well deserved forearm.

Perhaps it is just me, but I feel like TT is always walking the razor edge of a T.

He seems to let his emotions get to him much more than any other current player.

Was watching againt North Florida when he was T'd, and could have sworn he said " ref" after being T'd up. The announcers kind of blew it off but he's lucky he wasn't tossed.

If this was isolated I'd say let it go. But he seems to object and overreact to everyone call that doesn't go his way.

I have a feeling the North Florida T will not be his last this year. I hope JB and Hop are working on this because it will cost us.

Just my opinion.

He def has some immature anger issues.

In the loss to South Carolina, TT got fouled and in going to the line he got frustrated and purposely stopped in the path of the SC player just to do it. 1 of the SU players kind of grabbed him and talked to him about it.

There have been about 3-4 times that he looked like he was on the verge on a temper tantrum. another was when Chuckwu got the ball down low and the entire world assumed the 7footer would go up with a non jumping dunk, but instead he made a wrap around pass to TT who of course wasnt expecting it (in his defense he shouldnt have been expecting it) which sailed oob. TT was a mix of self loathing and stomping in protest.

another was when Chuckwu got the ball down low and the entire world assumed the 7footer would go up with a non jumping dunk, but instead he made a wrap around pass to TT who of course wasnt expecting it (in his defense he shouldnt have been expecting it) which sailed oob. TT was a mix of self loathing and stomping in protest.

In TT's defense I threw a mini temper tantrum myself on that play. I also realized its unlikely I would see Chukwu play another meaningful minute this year. :bang:

Looked like he had a shoulder stinger. Ran into Frank, and got the worst of it.

TT needs to mature and keep himself under control in those situations, but I have to admit that I appreciated the fire, albeit misguided. I was telling my dad during the game that we could really use an Eric Devendorf type player. As obnoxious and sometimes boneheaded as he could be, it was nice to have an a-hole on our side. The most exciting play of the whole night was Coleman stealing that one entry pass and basically flipping the North Florida player over. It finally looked like we had a player on the team who realized it's a game and the opponent is the enemy, not a scrimmage buddy.

The reason he got the T is being he was complaining the whole game to the refs. Then the last play he told the ref straight up "that was a horrible call ref" and bounced the ball back at the ref like an ass, and stared down the ref. After he got the T he kept going at the ref and the ref gave him the "are you serious look" the ref asked if he wanted to get tossed and Thompson continued to mouth off, the ref then told Robey and I think it was Howard to tell him to cut it out or he's getting tossed. That's when Robey stepped in between Thompson and the ref and cooled Thompson off

Thank you - and yes I do feel like an idiot!
MS... no biggie... after all you are an IGGY WINNER! That entitles you to at least a dozen "I should know the answer to this " questions.