Has Melo set a record? | Syracusefan.com

Has Melo set a record?

Most consecutive games with an offensive basket interference/goaltend

I'd think he's also set a team record for most times going down in a season when drawing offensive fouls. He's gone down more this season than Paulus did in his career. Of course, Melo's have all been legit.

I'd think he's also set a team record for most times going down in a season when drawing offensive fouls. He's gone down more this season than Paulus did in his career. Of course, Melo's have all been legit.
I am disappointed in this, so many better places you could have gone, come on this is the internet why so serious

Do you mean the Duke PG Paulus or the SU QB Paulus?

Dumb international rules...
You're probably being sarcastic, but are the rules in Brazil different when it comes to goaltending? That could explain why he always does it.

A friend of mind asked me "how does Fab take so many charges?" I said it's simple. Stand still, wait for contact, and fall to the ground. They will call it a charge. He does so brilliantly.

The offensive basket interference, yeah he's the king of that.

A friend of mind asked me "how does Fab take so many charges?" I said it's simple. Stand still, wait for contact, and fall to the ground. They will call it a charge. He does so brilliantly.

The offensive basket interference, yeah he's the king of that.
I think what helps Fab with the charges is his blocking. I think people assume he's gonna leave his feet when they go at him, so they lower their shoulder in order ot get up into him and still finish strong. But the time they've realized he hasn't moved, it's too late.

You're probably being sarcastic, but are the rules in Brazil different when it comes to goaltending? That could explain why he always does it.
international rules allow offensive goaltending

Yea, so I can't say I have ever seen one so dumb as the opening score of the game. He took a bucket from Triche. What?

I am not being sarcastic. FIBA rules are different. Can rebound and touch balls on the rim.

I'm sure the coaches aren't even telling Fab to cut out the offensive goal tends...they probably don't want to stunt his aggression.

I think what helps Fab with the charges is his blocking. I think people assume he's gonna leave his feet when they go at him, so they lower their shoulder in order ot get up into him and still finish strong. But the time they've realized he hasn't moved, it's too late.
Very good point.

international rules allow offensive goaltending
I believe the international rules allow for anyone, offense OR defense, to touch the ball once it has hit the rim.

Last night was the first time I've ever seen an offensive goaltend with the ball already half way down

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom