Has to be said... | Syracusefan.com

Has to be said...

SUFan44

Hall of Fame
Our starting backcourt is not good enough to compete at the highest level of the ACC on a consistent basis. That display today without Hughes is a foreshadowing of things to come next year. I don't like it one bit.

I'm sorry, but Buddy Boeheim doesn't deserve to play as much as he does. A shooter that shot 34.6% in ACC games. A 37.5% 3-pt. shooter which ranks 17th in the ACC. No playmaking ability, no rebounding, no defense.

And Girard needs to understand he isn't in Glens Falls anymore. Every other player on your team can play basketball, too, Joe. His decision making is unbelievably bad and the only thing that is worse is the head coach's failure to make a point and pull him out of the game.

Brycen Goodine played exactly one minute in a game where Girard & Boeheim shot 9-for-32 and 4-for-20 from three. Exactly one minute.

Totally disagree, the back court and Hughes is what has won games. The center and power forward positions are where it’s lacking. Of course all areas need to improve, but IMO this “assessment” is not reality. JGII is a freshman, he will only get better and he’s damn good now. BB is good also, I see this as a half handed attack on him.

Totally disagree, the back court and Hughes is what has won games. The center and power forward positions are where it’s lacking. Of course all areas need to improve, but IMO this “assessment” is not reality. JGII is a freshman, he will only get better and he’s damn good now. BB is good also, I see this as a half handed attack on him.

Please refute anything that was said about #35.

He shoots those percentages as an "elite" shooter. He adds very little to no playmaking, very little to no rebounding from the position, and very little to no defense.

Yet he plays 38 minutes per game on a 10-10 ACC team. Can't wait til next year.

Our starting backcourt is not good enough to compete at the highest level of the ACC on a consistent basis. That display today without Hughes is a foreshadowing of things to come next year. I don't like it one bit.

I'm sorry, but Buddy Boeheim doesn't deserve to play as much as he does. A shooter that shot 34.6% in ACC games. A 37.5% 3-pt. shooter which ranks 17th in the ACC. No playmaking ability, no rebounding, no defense.

And Girard needs to understand he isn't in Glens Falls anymore. Every other player on your team can play basketball, too, Joe. His decision making is unbelievably bad and the only thing that is worse is the head coach's failure to make a point and pull him out of the game.

Brycen Goodine played exactly one minute in a game where Girard & Boeheim shot 9-for-32 and 4-for-20 from three. Exactly one minute.

Though I don't have any firm opinions either way(I do think the bench could have been used more, even before it was apparent we weren't making the tournament, just not sure what the optimal extent would have been), I do think this is where the media shortchanges you by time after time avoiding relevant questions, and stay closer to the softball end of the spectrum.

But if people won't hold them accountable in real life for issues that matter, I suppose I shouldn't expect people hold them more accountable on here, even though folks do seem to put more interactive energy and focus on sports than the former issues in my experience.

Being the folks who are paid to ask these very questions refuse to, I have a question to all the people(not you, but whomever does, I dont tend to bind names to messages as much as some) who keep raging about the PT issues...why dont you call in to that show SWC75 is always going on about, the one where Coach answers questions? Ive not listened to the show(out of the area), so I won't assume one way or the other that callers ask these questions. I know I'd like to enjoy hearing or reading Coach's replies to some of these valid and seemingly important questions.

See here is where it gets difficult to navigate the line between being hypercritical of amateur kids playing a game and making valid points to point out erroneous ideas held by people.. so if I just state statistical facts then others can draw their own conclusions

BB averages less than 2 rebounds per game . He’s 6’6 and plays almost every minute of every game . Think about that

JG is a scoring guard who shoots 33 percent from 3 and 35 percent overall ..

that’s your backcourt for the next 2 years..

The only stat that should be posted about the guards is plus minus. How many points they score versus how many they give up on defense and points off turnovers. Then I think there could be some real arguments about what is actually what

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom