hate to break it to you | Syracusefan.com

hate to break it to you

Stevenson

2023 Cali Award Winner Pts Against & Passing Yards
We are just plain bad. Sweet 16 would be over achieving for this group. Not one shooter on the team.

Totally agree! This team is bad...real bad! 23 pts in a half vs. a team that has loss 6 of last 7 games.

Forget any Final 4 aspirations... heck, I dunno if this team could even make the Final 4 of the NIT.

Apparently the BC debacle wasn't a fluke...

And really, does it matter if we play in Buffalo/MSG... this team can't even play well at the Dome.

what team do you watch? not being sarcastic at all.
I have been following Cuse since the days of Leo, Red (Bruin...not Panama), Hawk, etc. some of you fellow old-timers may know those references. I have never been so utterly shocked at the drop off in play. I have been assuming for weeks now that this group will snap out of this funk. But damn. Is it a funk?

Yes I know I will be persecuted by this but,

Is there anyway we can just hold grant and Ennis to next year. CJ can shoot 30 shots a game for all I care.

I have been following Cuse since the days of Leo, Red (Bruin...not Panama), Hawk, etc. some of you fellow old-timers may know those references. I have never been so utterly shocked at the drop off in play. I have been assuming for weeks now that this group will snap out of this funk. But damn. Is it a funk?
when Boeheim went solely to the zone defense he started recruiting solely for the zone defense and kind of stopped recruiting players that can break down a man to man defense. Hopefully next years freshman can change this.

Cooney is going to pull a Southerland from last year and GO HAM in the ACCt leading into March Madness. You heard it here first.
Cooney is not the answer as a shooting guard, without the 2 great games, the first BC game, and Notre Dame game, he has been horrible in the conference. That is something that won't be corrected this year, and unfortunately, unless BJ wins the job next year will still be a problem.

This shi- happens annually I'm keeping the faith. LGO

This makes Beohiem happy. Media attacking him , losing streak because of injuries , expectations near zero: The evil genius has it the way he wants it.
I kind of agree with you. Does seem like we see this all the time. I don't know how far the this team will go, but nothing they do will surprise me.

Sweet 16 might be a stretch at this point

I'd be really surprised if we get out of the first weekend... losing to BC and G-Tech at home??

Not trying to be dramatic... i am numb and painfully honest.

when Boeheim went solely to the zone defense he started recruiting solely for the zone defense and kind of stopped recruiting players that can break down a man to man defense. Hopefully next years freshman can change this.
so well stated.. right on... When is the last time syracuse has had a guy that can absolutely break a guy down and score? Waiters, Flynn, And Devendorf are the ones that come to mind. Recently, SU has not had that

I kind of agree with you. Does seem like we see this all the time. I don't know how far the this team will go, but nothing they do will surprise me.
Well , if Grant and Kieta were healthy all season , I think we would have 1 loss. It should really be torturing the team real good , Another thing Beohiem likes. When they get 100% healthy, in the Big Dance...Look Out.

Cooney is not the answer as a shooting guard, without the 2 great games, the first BC game, and Notre Dame game, he has been horrible in the conference. That is something that won't be corrected this year, and unfortunately, unless BJ wins the job next year will still be a problem.

Thats what everybody was worried about last year. Clearly Cooney overperformed in the early part of the season and has since regressed to his mean. However he is still an infinitely better player this year than last. It's not out of the realm of possibility that he could become more consistent next year and we don't see him go 6/33 over a 5 game stretch like he currently is in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom