hate to break it to you | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

hate to break it to you

I'd be really surprised if we get out of the first weekend... losing to BC and G-Tech at home??

Not trying to be dramatic... i am numb and painfully honest.

We are going to be playing teams that are better than Bc and Gtech, a first round loss would not be shocking at this point.

so well stated.. right on... When is the last time syracuse has had a guy that can absolutely break a guy down and score? Waiters, Flynn, And Devendorf are the ones that come to mind. Recently, SU has not had that
yeah because Waiters/Scoop two years ago and MCW last year isn't recent enough :rolleyes:

Dumb point...waiters...scoop...McW were just here...do u guys pay attention at all?
what? Scoop jardine could break down a man to man defender? MCW more of a pick and roll guy compared to an ISO guy...

yeah because Waiters/Scoop two years ago and MCW last year isn't recent enough :rolleyes:
scoop jardine averaging 9 ppg his senior year is not necessarily the threat I had in mind to break down a man to man defense..

We are going to be playing teams that are better than Bc and Gtech, a first round loss would not be shocking at this point.

true - we're getting in easily but seed is going to be big... we are in free fall...

I really don't care where or who we play to be honest at this point... we continue to play like this, we'll deserve what we get.

Bottom line: Flynn or Devendorf when it comes to breaking down man defenses, compared to Scoop and Triche... Not even in the remote vicinity.. Triche and Scoop absolutely are complete legends at Syracuse and had great careers but to think of them as players that can consistently break down a man to man defense, you are simply wrong... Look I am not saying this is a bad thing but he had a fair point.

One of the things that NBA Scouts loved about MCW compared to Trey Burke was that MCW could beat his man at will while Trey struggled without a ball screen. He could absolutely break down his man one on one.

scoop jardine averaging 9 ppg his senior year is not necessarily the threat I had in mind to break down a man to man defense..
Then you didn't watch him play...scoop couldn't shoot it...but he got by defenders. And you're bolstering your point with 2 guys that played here just before him? Whaaaaa?

I have been following Cuse since the days of Leo, Red (Bruin...not Panama), Hawk, etc. some of you fellow old-timers may know those references. I have never been so utterly shocked at the drop off in play. I have been assuming for weeks now that this group will snap out of this funk. But damn. Is it a funk?

Injuries plus a short bench and a weak offense that's now being exposed.
Right now our offense consists of CJ's mid range game...Tyler Ennis trying to drive the lane...and Cooney missing from 3.
That makes defending us pretty easy.
And 7 of 16 from the line is a killer.

In the past two weeks the only halfway decent game we played was against Duke.
If Jerami Grant gets healthy we can come back to life.

By the way...you're not an old-timer...just an experienced fan.

As putrid as SU's offense has been, I might actually be more concerned with the defense right now. Porous would be putting it mildly.

As putrid as SU's offense has been, I might actually be more concerned with the defense right now. Porous would be putting it mildly.
Uh yeah...the interior defense is horrendible.

Then you didn't watch him play...scoop couldn't shoot it...but he got by defenders. And you're bolstering your point with 2 guys that played here just before him? Whaaaaa?

12th-best three point shooter in school history. 46% career field goal percentage.

12th-best three point shooter in school history. 46% career field goal percentage.
Uh scoop may have been an opportunistic shooter at time (like Ennis) but he wasn't a shooter. He was a get in the lane guy...

Uh scoop may have been an opportunistic shooter at time (like Ennis) but he wasn't a shooter. He was a get in the lane guy...

Not to get sidetracked, but you said he couldn't shoot. The numbers don't lie on that.

I don't disagree that he didn't fill the role of designated shooter, but when he shot, he shot well.

Not to get sidetracked, but you said he couldn't shoot. The numbers don't lie on that.

I don't disagree that he didn't fill the role of designated shooter, but when he shot, he shot well.
Most of his shots were at the rim or lane. That was the point of the thread...he was a M2m breakdown guard.

To be able to take a defender off the dribble one must first be able to dribble and most of the team can't.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom