Hate to say it | Syracusefan.com

Hate to say it

shandeezy7

Living Legend
But this is an NCAA bubble team again this year. And I'm saying that even if they do have a miracle comeback tonight. The defense is atrocious and they have the same issues on offense, where they go through massive scoring droughts. Not a good look to get blown off the floor in your two biggest non-conference games.

But this is an NCAA bubble team again this year. And I'm saying that even if they do have a miracle comeback tonight. The defense is atrocious and they have the same issues on offense, where they go through massive scoring droughts. Not a good look to get blown off the floor in your two biggest non-conference games.
Right, because no talented team with numerous new faces ever improved after playing together over the course of the season.

Who is number 8 in the country? I'm the biggest Orange homer out there, but if people can't see the serious flaws in this team from the two games we've played against real competition, then I don't know what to tell you.
Wisconsin is number 8. i agree about the flaws but Wisconsin is nasty good

Right, because no talented team with numerous new faces ever improved after playing together over the course of the season.

You mean just like last year? That team didn't improve over the season, got lucky to get in the tournament, and then got hot and went on a run. Not saying it can't happen, but this team has some obvious flaws, that were obvious when we were beating crap teams by 40 and are even more obvious now.

You mean just like last year? That team didn't improve over the season, got lucky to get in the tournament, and then got hot and went on a run. Not saying it can't happen, but this team has some obvious flaws, that were obvious when we were beating crap teams by 40 and are even more obvious now.
No, not talking about last year's team at all. That team had many experienced players who had played together for a while. This team has little game experience playing together. I would expect JB will coach them up over the course of the season, and get get some serious production out of guys like Battle and Chukwu.

Last edited:
No, not talking about last year's team at all. That team had many experienced players who had played together for a while. This team little game experience playing together. I would expect JB will coach them up over the course of the season, and get get some serious production out of guys like Battle and Chukwu.

Hope you're right but I don't see us getting anything out of Chukwu this year. The guy is 7'2" and had the ball with position on an offensive rebound and proceeded to rifle it into the third row. As for Battle - I don't think we have to worry about him leaving after this year.

Who is number 8 in the country? I'm the biggest Orange homer out there, but if people can't see the serious flaws in this team from the two games we've played against real competition, then I don't know what to tell you.
If someone doesn't, I highly question what they have been watching. Iommi said it perfectly- this team has zero chemistry and doesn't root for each other at all. That scares me

I'm as disgusted as anyone at these last two performances but to say this team right now is going to be the same team in Feb/March is just stupid
I don't think they can really be worse, no? This team has played two good teams and gotten WHIPPED in both. Only can go up from here

No, not talking about last year's team at all. That team had many experienced players who had played together for a while. This team little game experience playing together. I would expect JB will coach them up over the course of the season, and get get some serious production out of guys like Battle and Chukwu.

I'm sorry, but expecting Chukwu to contribute in any meaningful way this year or any year really is like asking me to take over the point for this squad. Neither will happen.

We played like crap for most of the game, but I its not panic time yet.

Wisconsin offensive style is perfect to pick apart a zone. At least they played it nearly perfectly. Teams every year have done this to us. Active high post facilitator, good outside shooting, guy down low below the zone waiting for the dump down and layup/dunk from the high post. And aggressive offensive rebounding. Wisconsin wasn't the first and won't be the last. Nevertheless, a successful season remains ahead.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom